Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to buy a new Captur like the car cant decide on engineI have heard so many owners of 0.9 tce engine getting 45 MPG or less Thats rubbish mpg
Thaoughts please

·
Registered
428 Posts
Have not had mine delivered as yet but I drive a diesel 1.5 Megan ( the same engine). Manage 56 mpg on average. Hope to improve that to about 60 mpg with the Captur.
Diesel every time for me now. would not go back to petrol - far too expensive
Edited by: awq

·
Registered
924 Posts
I had a 1.6 Megane, and went for the 120Tce EDC. ITs a 1.2L automatic, and does 42.8MPG over the last 600 miles. It goes when I put my foot down, or cruises at over 43 MPG on long journeys. So I am well pleased. Also its a looker.

·
Registered
215 Posts
if you want economy go for the diesel , yes it will cost more to buy but if the price difference isn't an issue that is what to go for, ive got an 11 year old 1.9 diesel volvo that has the same engine as the laguna
volvo detuned it a little to 115bhp opposed to the 130bhp in the laguna and it currently averages 42 mpg in the winter , in the summer it rises to 47/48 average which is excellent for such a large car and engine

·
Super Moderator
2,373 Posts
45mpg rubbish for a 0.9 litre 3-cylinder engine in a car with a large frontal area and not very streamlined? Come off it, 45mpg from such a small engine (it'll have to work quite hard to make reasonable progress) isn't bad at all. If you want much more mpg from a petrol engine, you'll have to buy a much smaller car like a VW Up! or Nissan Micra

1 - 7 of 7 Posts