Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A range of faults and problems have been reported on here, but a few of them seem to crop up more often than others.

I was thinking it may be a good idea to collate a list of the most common faults and submit the list to Renault for comments.

If you've had a problem that other forum members have also reported please post it here and I will submit it to Renault UK. It will be interesting what they come back with and ideally they would deal with the issues so they don't happen to new cars.

Here's a start:

-Screenwash jets pointing downwards
-Noisy front wipers
-Cars being delivered with an empty Screenwash reservoir
-High pitch whistle with the window open or closed (manufacturing fault on wing mirror)

·
Registered
741 Posts
If faults are brought to the attention of the dealer and rectifiedthen Renault will find out about them, as for an empty washer bottle; well I would blame the dealer and not Renault as your dealerwas the last person to check the car over, irrespective of who failed to fill it up initially.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Another thing; we have handed over loads of Captur's and I don't recall any being back apart from an issue with house numbers on1R-Link not going above 100, oh also we re-positioned his washers however they are set low so when at speed they cover a greater area of the windscreen so technically they aren't faulty, they are set at that level on purpose.

·
Registered
119 Posts
To be honest my only issue was my wipers and they now seem to be working perfectly.
The only problem is the MediaNav updating which I still can't do so I can use postcodes.
Every time I download the software and try to update it it says invalid package.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just had my wipers changed. No problem at all. So must be a known problem. As they would have charged for the job.

·
Registered
291 Posts
+1 for the average mpg stuck at 29.9........ Also the Media Nav post code issue needs raising...surely this should be done before delivery..

·
Registered
91 Posts
I believe that the biggest issue is the vibrations issue around 2.200 rpms with 5th gear and around 1.750 rpms with second gear in the DCI 90 manual transmission

Also some<strong ="text" style="font-weight: bold; font-family: 'Arial Unicode MS', 'Microsoft Sans Serif', 'Free Sans', 'Gentium Plus', 'Gentium Basic', Gentium, GentiumAlt, 'DejaVu Sans', 'DejaVu Serif', 'Free Serif', 'TITUS Cyberbit Basic', 'Bitstream Cyberbit', 'Bitstream Cyber', 'Doulos SIL', Code2000, Code2001; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; display: inline !imant;">squeaks[/B]within the campin and the consumption being 60% above stated!

Furthermore, my dealer did not change the wipers saying are not covered by the warranty!!! Besides being noisy, they are not capable to clear effectively the raindrops from the windshield!
<div id="SL_" ="ImTranslatorLogo" style="display: block; left: 64px; top: 0px; opacity: 0.4;">
<div id="SL_shadow_translation_result2" style="display: none; font-size: 11px; line-height: 13px;">
<div id="SL_shadow_translator" style="display: none; left: 269px; top: -73px; -shadow: rgb186, 185, 181 5px 5px 15px;"><div id="SL_planshet" style="background-image: url(chrome-extension://noaijdpnepcgjemiklgfkcfbkokogabh/img/util/bg2.png); background-color: rgb(244, 245, 245); background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;"><div id="SL_TB"><div ="ImTranslatorLogo">
<table cellspacing="1" border="0" id="SL_tables"><t><tr><td ="SL_td" align="left" width="20%"><div id="SL_lng_from">English»
</td><td ="SL_td" align="left" width="20%"><div id="SL_to_"><div id="SL_tocng" style="margin-left:5px;">Spanish
<div ="SL_arrow">
<div id="SL_to_list" style="display=" none'=""><div ="SL_DDMENU"><div id="SL_af" ="SL_limenu">Afrikaans
<div id="SL_sq" ="SL_limenu">Albanian
<div id="SL_ar" ="SL_limenu">Arabic
<div id="SL_hy" ="SL_limenu">Armenian
<div id="SL_az" ="SL_limenu">Azerbaijani
<div id="SL_eu" ="SL_limenu">Basque
<div id="SL_bn" ="SL_limenu">Bengali
<div id="SL_be" ="SL_limenu">Belarusian
<div id="SL_bg" ="SL_limenu">Bulgarian
<div id="SL_ca" ="SL_limenu">Catalan
<div id="SL_zh_CN" ="SL_limenu">Chinese(Simp)
<div id="SL_zh_TW" ="SL_limenu">Chinese(Trad)
<div id="SL_hr" ="SL_limenu">Croatian
<div id="SL_cs" ="SL_limenu">Czech
<div id="SL_da" ="SL_limenu">Danish
<div id="SL_nl" ="SL_limenu">Dutch
<div id="SL_en" ="SL_limenu">English
<div id="SL_eo" ="SL_limenu">Esperanto
<div id="SL_et" ="SL_limenu">Estonian
<div id="SL_tl" ="SL_limenu">Filipino
<div id="SL_fi" ="SL_limenu">Finnish
<div id="SL_fr" ="SL_limenu">French
<div id="SL_gl" ="SL_limenu">Galician
<div id="SL_ka" ="SL_limenu">Georgian
<div id="SL_de" ="SL_limenu">German
<div id="SL_el" ="SL_limenu">Greek
<div id="SL_gu" ="SL_limenu">Gujarati
<div id="SL_ht" ="SL_limenu">HaitianCreole
<div id="SL_iw" ="SL_limenu">Hebrew
<div id="SL_hi" ="SL_limenu">Hindi
<div id="SL_hu" ="SL_limenu">Hungarian
<div id="SL_is" ="SL_limenu">Icelandic
<div id="SL_id" ="SL_limenu">Indonesian
<div id="SL_ga" ="SL_limenu">Irish
<div id="SL_it" ="SL_limenu">Italian
<div id="SL_ja" ="SL_limenu">Japanese
<div id="SL_kn" ="SL_limenu">Kannada
<div id="SL_ko" ="SL_limenu">Korean
<div id="SL_lo" ="SL_limenu">Lao
<div id="SL_la" ="SL_limenu">Latin
<div id="SL_lv" ="SL_limenu">Latvian
<div id="SL_lt" ="SL_limenu">Lithuanian
<div id="SL_mk" ="SL_limenu">Macedonian
<div id="SL_ms" ="SL_limenu">Malay
<div id="SL_mt" ="SL_limenu">Maltese
<div id="SL_no" ="SL_limenu">Norwegian
<div id="SL_fa" ="SL_limenu">Persian
<div id="SL_pl" ="SL_limenu">Polish
<div id="SL_pt" ="SL_limenu">Portuguese
<div id="SL_ro" ="SL_limenu">Romanian
<div id="SL_ru" ="SL_limenu">Russian
<div id="SL_sr" ="SL_limenu">Serbian
<div id="SL_sk" ="SL_limenu">Slovak
<div id="SL_sl" ="SL_limenu">Slovenian
<div id="SL_es" ="SL_limenu">Spanish
<div id="SL_sw" ="SL_limenu">Swahili
<div id="SL_sv" ="SL_limenu">Swedish
<div id="SL_ta" ="SL_limenu">Tamil
<div id="SL_te" ="SL_limenu">Telugu
<div id="SL_th" ="SL_limenu">Thai
<div id="SL_tr" ="SL_limenu">Turkish
<div id="SL_uk" ="SL_limenu">Ukrainian
<div id="SL_ur" ="SL_limenu">Urdu
<div id="SL_vi" ="SL_limenu">Vietnamese
<div id="SL_cy" ="SL_limenu">Welsh
<div id="SL_yi" ="SL_limenu">Yiddish

< id="SL_lng_to">< value="af">Afrikaans< value="sq">Albanian< value="ar">Arabic< value="hy">Armenian< value="az">Azerbaijani< value="eu">Basque< value="bn">Bengali< value="be">Belarusian< value="bg">Bulgarian< value="ca">Catalan< value="zh-CN">Chinese(Simp)< value="zh-TW">Chinese(Trad)< value="hr">Croatian< value="cs">Czech< value="da">Danish< value="nl">Dutch< value="en">English< value="eo">Esperanto< value="et">Estonian< value="tl">Filipino< value="fi">Finnish< value="fr">French< value="gl">Galician< value="ka">Georgian< value="de">German< value="el">Greek< value="gu">Gujarati< value="ht">HaitianCreole< value="iw">Hebrew< value="hi">Hindi< value="hu">Hungarian< value="is">Icelandic< value="id">Indonesian< value="ga">Irish< value="it">Italian< value="ja">Japanese< value="kn">Kannada< value="ko">Korean< value="lo">Lao< value="la">Latin< value="lv">Latvian< value="lt">Lithuanian< value="mk">Macedonian< value="ms">Malay< value="mt">Maltese< value="no">Norwegian< value="fa">Persian< value="pl">Polish< value="pt">Portuguese< value="ro">Romanian< value="ru">Russian< value="sr">Serbian< value="sk">Slovak< value="sl">Slovenian< ed="" value="es">Spanish< value="sw">Swahili< value="sv">Swedish< value="ta">Tamil< value="te">Telugu< value="th">Thai< value="tr">Turkish< value="uk">Ukrainian< value="ur">Urdu< value="vi">Vietnamese< value="cy">Welsh< value="yi">Yiddish</td><td ="SL_td" width="13%" align="center"></td><td ="SL_td" width="8%" align="center"><div id="SL_TTS_voice" title="Listen to the translation">
</td><td ="SL_td" width="8%" align="center"><div ="SL_copy_hand" id="SL_copy" title=" text">
</td><td ="SL_td" width="8%" align="center"><div ="SL_font_off" id="SL_bbl_font" title="Font size">
</td><td ="SL_td" width="8%" align="center"><div ="SL_TH" title="Translation history">
</td><td ="SL_td" width="5%"></td><td ="SL_td" width="8%" align="right"><div ="SL_pin_on" id="SL_pin" title="Unpin pop-up bubble">
</td></tr></t></table>

<div id="SL_shadow_translation_result" style="background-image: url(chrome-extension://noaijdpnepcgjemiklgfkcfbkokogabh/img/util/bg.png); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 11px; line-height: 13px; direction: ltr; text-align: left; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;">squaks
<div id="SL_bbl_donate" title="Make a small contribution">
<div id="SL_Balloon_options" style="background-image: url(chrome-extension://noaijdpnepcgjemiklgfkcfbkokogabh/img/util/bg3.png); background-color: rgb(244, 245, 245); background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;">Feedback:History:Options

·
Registered
921 Posts
LisaH said:
To be honest my only issue was my wipers and they now seem to be working perfectly.
The only problem is the MediaNav updating which I still can't do so I can use postcodes.
Every time I download the software and try to update it it says invalid package.

Hi Lisa

Was your USB stick clean
And clear of info ?

It took me two attempts but got there in the end

You can also go onto to. Tom. Tom webpage

Lyn

·
Registered
355 Posts
The doorsills that stick out have got me at least twice. Have two scars on my left leg where I've been branded. Going to get out a saw and fix it myself!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Maybe it might be worth emailing the CEO of Renault UK Mr Ken Ramirez with all complaints Or joining there Twitter page as I don't really think Renault are going tobe monitoring the Captur Forum

·
Registered
129 Posts
I agree ALL issues should be raised with Renault, if I buy a made to measure suit for a couple of hundred I expect it to fit perfectly, so if it does not 'do what it says on the can', it should be fixed - a suit can be taken back, but cars seem to fall into a different bracket! But at £18k - £20 it should be perfect.

·
Registered
291 Posts
philiphales said:
I agree ALL issues should be raised with Renault, if I buy a made to measure suit for a couple of hundred I expect it to fit perfectly, so if it does not 'do what it says on the can', it should be fixed - a suit can be taken back, but cars seem to fall into a different bracket! But at £18k - £20 it should

Ageed.......but my main point is that they certainly should not continue selling very expensive goods with known faults built in.....sales should be stopped until all known faults have been rectified..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Agreed - you going to draft the letter?

·
Registered
291 Posts
philiphales said:
Agreed - you going to draft the letter?
I have emailed the CEO...Mr Ghosn....... Surprisingly I got an email back almost straight away..( this was earlier today).... My complaint was about Quality Control and their continuing to sell known faulty goods.... Again, not surprisingly , it has been forwarded to Customer Relations to investigate and advise..!
Renault are excellent at playing "round and round in circles" but hopeless at actually doing anything constructive.
I will advise the result..

·
Registered
863 Posts
all in all my captur apart from a few niggles has been excellent regarding fuel and ride.i agree something that costs nearly 20 grand should imo be near to spotless.they are not a cheap car.and when you see what is on the market for a lot less then I think Renault need to get their act together.plus need telling that their customers are not as happy as they should be.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm doing my best..
I am in regular contact with UK Customer Services and now their CEO France...!
If everybody with a problem did the same I am sure we could overcome their apathy.....!!
Too many people seem to think that relatively minor problems are ok on a £17,000 purchase and are acceptable.!
Not me...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts