Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was reduced to a quivering wreck this evening.. was watching a black Captur go through an automatic car wash!!! Hearing the clunking and whirring of those giant rollers as they prepared to pummel that poor little Captur to bits (in my mind anyway) I had to rush away.. I'd seen enough violence for one day. Hee Hee!!
meterman_56

·
Super Moderator
2,841 Posts
Modern car washes are much more gentle and kind that those from the 1980's and before !I used them for a time a few years ago especially in winter, until I realised that with Marigolds on, it was better to stick to a bucket and sponge, and the gloves prevent the skin on my fingers from wrinkling up, drying out and cracking

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm with you meterman. My other half used to be a car valeter and cringes (ie shouts abuse in the car!) when we pass anyone in a nice car going through a car wash or using one of those hose thingys with a brush attachment. I'm banned from car washes

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well said Mak..my fear is always if something goes wrong....by the time you get the thing to stop..thats if you can in mid cycle..the damage will have been done..maybe I'm being a bit paranoid..
meterman_56

·
Registered
924 Posts
I've always used car washes, especially if they have under car facilities to keep the unseen grime away.
All five of my new cars have been washed regularlywith them. Barely took£20 of the selling price when I sold them on.

Mind you MANY years ago, a friend of mine did have his front valance ripped off by one car wash. Then again it was a VERY old car, and the valance was probably loose anyway.

Edited by: crossbow

·
Registered
44 Posts
Many supermarkets have guys who wash cars while you shop. My local guys do a great job for 8 of our British quids.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Must admit, I have used the IMO car washes in the past ( Paid no more than £ 1- to £1.50 though ! ) without any problems. However, at the moment I have no intention of putting my new, shiny, black with ivory roof little gem through such trauma.
It's a hose, bucket, sponge and turtlewax shampoo for me (at this present moment in time, until the novelty wears a little thin).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Our car wash by hand is £3-00 Ninfield

·
Registered
180 Posts
our little group of chechnians used to do the old peugeot for £6 so not sure how much Kucho the Captur will be (probably £10) but i'll get out there with the old bucket and a mop for the summer to clean it/her/him

·
Registered
921 Posts
They did mine on Wednesday for £8
As its a bigger car
They did my little two seater soft top for £6
So I guess as my lovely Captur is a bigger car it's a valid cost and they do a nice job

·
Registered
921 Posts
Spicemelange said:
I like to clean the car myself it makes you aware of anything and everything going on with the tyres body work etc.

I am only 5ft tall and can't reach the roof LoL
Lyn

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm nearly 6ft and find it difficult to reach the middle of the roof. Don't you think that it should come with a step ladder ????

·
Registered
921 Posts
awq said:
I'm nearly 6ft and find it difficult to reach the middle of the roof. Don't you think that it should come with a step ladder ????

Not a ladder but a man that can LoL lol lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
We havent got a car to clean yet Oh well you never know it could be a nice Christmas present

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ours was supposed to be with Dealer last Thursday hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday, Then I can see if I reach centre of roof to wash it

1 - 20 of 26 Posts