Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all you captur loving owners, this might be a pointless question but i will ask it anyway, can anyone out there convince me should i or shouldn't i part ex my nissan qashqai 2litre petrol auto (cvt transmission) which is great to drive but costing a small fortune in fuel (23mpg) for a diesel automatic captur and i like the blue with black roof and black wheels colour combo but havn,t seen it in the flesh if know what i mean only pictures online. so i hope you captur owners can give me some advice , thanks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
slimtim said:
Hi to all you captur loving owners, this might be a pointless question but i will ask it anyway, can anyone out there convince me should i or shouldn't i part ex my nissan qashqai 2litre petrol auto (cvt transmission) which is great to drive but costing a small fortune in fuel (23mpg) for a diesel automatic captur and i like the blue with black roof and black wheels colour combo but havn,t seen it in the flesh if know what i mean only pictures online. so i hope you captur owners can give me some advice , thanks.

i hope u dont expect that we will tell u to keep qashqai
now from my point of view is u should go for CAPTUR if u really like it
i had to choose between the 2 cars and to be honest with u i didnt think long ( 30 seconds) before i choose the Captur but as i said is up to u.good luck with whatever u choose

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LoL thanks michaella for your reply and i thought i might get this response about my qashqai, but advice from someone who owns and drives a diesel auto captur for while and if they still think they made the right choice in their car? and what mpg (mostly urban driving)they are achieving? would be helpful, but thanks anyway.

·
Registered
127 Posts
im afraid i cant help on this one as i dont have the car yet
( next week) but dont worry in this forum we have very helpful ppl and any question u may have they will answer.read through some of the post in here and u will see few who gave up qashqai for Captur.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am doing around 40 - 42 mpg with the manual dci 90, around city. It is computed by rim to rim refueling which is around 10% higher than what the car system indicates.

You need to compute how many miles you do each year and the money you will need to pay for the exhange.

I changed to the Captur from a Mitshubishi Outlander 2,4 petrol 4 wheel drive and besides that the diesel price is 15% cheaper it had 50% less mpg. Moreover I saved almost 1350 euros a year in taxes. In addition you need to calculate the residual value of the captur after 5years and the residual value of the qasqai after 5 years, plus any additional parts that it may be replaced due to aging. (tires, brake pads, big services, etc)

Condisering the above I will need 5 years to absorb the replacement cost and I will have a less fun to drive car,but I will have the option to do more miles per year and save more.Edited by: plinakos

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have both, Captur petrol auto and Qashqai diesel (130 bhp) man. The Qashqai is good but the Captur is a joy. Why don't you go for a Captur petrol auto ? The auto box is fantastic (nothing like CVT) and the MPG on a modern turbo charged petrol engine is great!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
306 Posts
Hi slimtim, I part exed my 2 litre RAV 4 which was doing 26 mpg and after nearly 4000 miles the Captur has averaged 51 mpg and that's with 'spirited' driving... I don't think the auto will be much different too. After 3 months the fuel saving is going a fair way towards the monthly payment. All mine (and Mrs F's) driving is short trips by the way.
Re your colour choice.... I never thought I would do this but I ordered the Tahoe Blue without seeing it and was a bit worried as the first Captur i saw in this combo was mine! All I can say is if you fancy a bright blue you won't be disappointed!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I haven't seen anyone on here with the diesel auto yet...but it will be interesting to see opinions!
We have been owners of the 120 auto petrol for five months, and it is a brilliant car! As I've said on here, along with many others, the whole package of engine, box and body is really well balanced.
We ruled out the auto 120 diesel, as it wasn't yet produced and the fact thst my partner does a short commuting trip daily...which wouldn't be good for turbo and diesel filters etc...
So, it depends on the mileage and your own circumstances..
Better mpg on diesel than petrol ..0.9 and 1.2 petrol very little difference...but the 1.2 can only be ordered as an auto....And it's a GREAT box!!
Hope this helps

·
Registered
209 Posts
The only person who can decide is you.....and the only way you can decide is to go try a few different models. When we set out to change my wife's car we didn't even consider a Captur, we were looking at a more conventional hatchback but then we arrived in the Nissan dealer and my wife fell in love with the Juke. Unfortunately, from her personal perspective, the test drive didn't match expectations but given that she had liked the more upright crossover type vehicle we widened our search and ended up ordering a Captur, but even that wasn't until after 2 test drives. We could have considered a Vauxhall Mokka but once she had seen the Renault and driven it she didn't want to look further. I just hope it's more reliable than the useless Megane we had back in 2004/5 but with a 4 year warranty and the press suggesting an all round improvement in the quality of French cars we decided to go for it and will hopefully see the "whites of its headlamps" before month end.
People on here seem pretty pleased with their cars though and it's usually in the forums where people let off steam if they are not happy. Haven't seen much of that here..Edited by: Perusal

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Plinakos for your reply, interesting you say you get around 40-42 mpg with a manual diesel so proberly i may be looking only to get mid 30's mpg with auto?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Julian for your advice, any chance you could tell me what your averaging mpg with your petrol auto captur.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The auto box is not thirsty...in fact changes are so good that I think you'd be hard pressed to improve cpnsumption figures.
I am getting 6.3/100 and 7.9/100 in heavy town driving...so with a 1.2 you're looking at 37 to 41 mpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for your reply Frosty, and if i could achieve 45+ mpg with an auto boxi would be happy because that would save me approx £100+ per month in fuel alone and thanks for the advice about the colour combo that seems my fav at the moment.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Ythsie for your reply and your advice about how good the petrol auto is, but like i replied to one of the other members if i can achieve 45-50 mpg i would be saving approx £1200+ per year in fuel alone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thankyou also Perusal and all the other members who have given their advice, and yes Perusal i totally agree with you that the only one who can decide is myself (and my wife lol). But the reason i came on this site was to get some true personal opinions about the specific model captur i'm thinking of buying who have driven their car over a period of time say over a few months or so. Also i've contacted all my local dealers today and they have no automatics to test drive so i will have to wait a week or so before i can try one out.Thanks again perusal and happy driving.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have a manual diesel and having completed 4500 miles, fuel average is 55 mpg, with one third long trips and two thirds short ones. In May I am driving to Croatia (1250 miles door to door) and am looking forward to it. I do this trip twice a year and have done it in variety of cars - Nissan Juke, Honda CR-V, Nissan Primera, Mitsubishi Space Wagon, Mitsubishi Space Star and one or two I can't recall(now I'm really going back in time!!) and though they were all comfortable and reliable, none had the promised economy of Captur. On these trips I do about 3000 miles in total so that will be something to look forward to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Vbl for your reply, reading most of the replies i have had so far its seems 40+mpg maybe achievable (i was hoping 50+mpg to be honest) with a auto captur if your averaging 50+ mpg with your manual gearbox. The manual transmission would be the best option to go for to achieve the best mpg but i love my automatic cars so much (just put your foot on the gas and go) i wouldn't go back to a manual gearbox ever especially these days when car manufacturers are making automatic cars almost as fuel efficient as the manual cars. Finally Vbl have a pleasant and safe journey to Croatia.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts