Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying out a solution to the lack of having a light fitted into the Glovebox on UK versions.Found a battery powered LED unit which fits nicely on the roof of the glovebox which has a motion detector which is auto-triggered when you open the box.

Not sure If I have it fitted into the perfect location yet, buts works very well.
Powered by 4 AA's. Not sure how long they would last without being triggered.
Any better solutions ?

Edited by: BlueMeanie

·
Registered
588 Posts
good idea bluemeanie. i was thinking of putting a small led lamp in there myself, the kind avaiable from the Poundshop but the motion sensor on yours sounds a better solution.

the only thing id be concerned about is if you have anything loose in the glavoebox with the motion of the car does this set it off?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not being very technical on these things... but the motion detector is PIR which I assume means that it has to see 'Infa-Red' movement ? which paper and manuals, biscuits, drink and things don't emit etc, so I assume it would only come on when someone(human, dog, cat or mouse) opens the glovebox or gets into it ?If I am wrong then the little batteries will go down very quickly. :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hope it works ok for you.... like the light in the fridge how do you know when it goes off ?£10 is not that cheap for an LED light, but if it does not work out may have to use it in the house somewhere.

·
Registered
588 Posts
im still in two minds if i should just put a cheap "push" led light in there, the actual motion sensor one does seem kind of bulky and id forgotten how small the glove box is
lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts