Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. I've been busy enjoying the Captur, it feels to grow on me everyday. I really like its road manners, especially on motorway and at high speed, so refined for the price.
Anyway, I can feel a slight vibration on idle. I've reported it to the dealers and they allowed me to test drive two capturs and to my astonishment it was both the same. Just want to know how you feel about your 900cc tce. It feels as if the heat shield are loose!

Captur Life, Captur Love, Captur Inner good, aaah life is good

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is the 0.9 a 3 cylinder? If so its likely to be that aspect that causes a rhythmic rattle on idle. I have been told the Ford do this also

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dals spot on it is a 3 pot so makes an uneven sounding rattle at idle. Nothing to worry about its just one of the characteristics of the engine.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Read the title and thought oh no someone's got a rattle inside the car already. Felt quite relieved on reading its from the engine and is normal. My biggest hate is having a rattle, inside the cab. My wife sometimes think I'm paranoid I get her to lift her handbag up to make sure it's not that.
Don't think I have cars long enough to have a rattle, now there's tempting fate.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I hate that too, my misses always leaves her n the kids junk in the door pockets which rattles around. Drives me mad!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts