Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks!

Just found the forum and as a soon to place my order on a Captur, thought I best sign up!

Have a few questions first that I think only existing owners will be able to answer, so over the next few days I guess I will be bothering you a bit!

Cant wait to get the car, picked her name and made a vinyl sticker for her rear end. All will be revealed close to the delivery date!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Welcome nowimboard you sound very enthusiastic,you will fit in great here!

I am sure everyone lucky enough to have their Captur will help out as much as they can....interested to see the vinyl sticker you have planned.......posting piccies is obligatory

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Welcome nowimboard...and about time Tuckerz!!!!

Both of you won't regret being proud Captur owners.. as well as joining the fine bunch of people on here....It will help to provide you with information and make your wait more tolerable.

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi nowimboard, welcome aboard the one thing you don't get on this forum are any corny replies.
. As TC Eddy and Ythsie have said people on here are very helpful.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome!

With regards to the colour, it will be black. Always black! Not yet ordered, will do after Christmas. Need to get together the deposit and I have a holiday between now and the end of the year!

With regards to the vinyl, I think I need to explain before showing the picture. I'm not to sure of the average (mental) age on the forum, whilst I am in the twilight years of my 20's, I am very much young at heart (even if I do currently drive a Volvo V60). When I was younger* I was hooked on Pokémon, a kids cartoon and computer game. Pokémon's catch phrase was "Gotta catch 'em all", I'm sure some can see where I went. I've taken this catch phrase, changed it a little, added a simple design of the main symbol/staple of the game, something any fan would instantly recognise and hopefully laugh at/with when they see the name/model of the car.

Here is the Vinyl which shall be stuck on Misty's rear end shortly after ownership has been finalised.

That said, I just had a thought. I wonder if anybody else has any rituals for new cars or equipment? Mine for example (the first thing I will do when I get the car), relates to new audio equipment or technology that has audio capability is to play Daft Punk - Digital Love. Something I've done for the past 12 years. Any body else have something similar?

Oh, the picture!

*I say younger, I was playing it at the weekend!

·
Registered
588 Posts
nice mate, and glad im not the only one with traditions with my cars. 40+ here but all have my cars have been called Betsy... Captur will me Betsy Mk15 or 16, ive lost count lol and have a "Harley Davidson" pin badge with the eagle thats been in every car ive owned except one...and that was wrote off so its certainly going to carry on the tradition and put it in my Captur

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Bigbadtony.....how many Betsys?????!!!!...15, 16? Are you sure you had a relatioship with any of them
?.

I had much longer relationships with my female motors... and I'm much older...touching 60....I looked after them, spoiled them when they were young and nurtured them as they grew older...looking after their sores, bathing them regularly, dressing them and keeping them youthful in appearance...so they attracted admiring glances.

So there have been long lasting love affairs...and possibly Captur will capture my heart......Time alone will tell!!

·
Registered
588 Posts
lmao @ ythsie. longest ive owned a car was 3 years. shortest was 5 months
i just got bored quick but cant see that happening with the Capture. (unless they bring a new model out in a years time with blue under-lighting under the glove box
lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nowiamboard should read nowiambored..but that's the teacher in me responding!

As for the vinyl...you need to get a little production line going...I like it!
I presume your line of work is in it!

You`ve got another order mate!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There is a story behind the board/bored. But funnily enough it does boil down to bad spelling! Story for another time.

When I get round to getting prices I'll post it here. Things are cheaper in volumes!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nice one nowimboard! I hoped that I wouldn't offend... because elsewhere on the forum I did...but that's me!!!

That would be great...if you find out.... I suggested some sort of materials like this, right at the beginning of the forum/owner's club!

Still young at heart, as you can see!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts