Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my captur is coming end of the week i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to purchase a Space saver wheel, Dealer wanted £250 to supply and fit ugh!.
I believe they are about £95 any help would be much appreciated,also is there a wheel brace in the car, i thought no wheel maybe no wheel brace?
Many thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
174 Posts
They're £95 if ordered with the car, so don't know what your dealer is talking about.... They may be quoting the cost of the individual parts, including the tools/holder/wheel/Tyre etc which is probably about right if bought srperately-...

·
Registered
588 Posts
WT...heck! he's robbing you blind. the price is £95 Dave...thats from Renault itself.got mine supplied with it and the jack and wheelbrace. by the way, you dont lose any space in boot with the space-saver.

Any idea's why he is quoting £250? i ordered mine with the options when i ordered the car and the price is on the invoice as £95.

·
Registered
174 Posts
As I said, if it wasn't ordered initially, then he will be quoting prices for spares - ie new Tyre, new rim, tool holder, jack etc. The £95 is only if the wheel is ordered with the car and fitted at the import centre....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Hi Dave welcome to forum, as the previous posts suggest, I think that's the price of the wheel post purchase of the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks to everyone who wrote a reply,my car is on a Personal Lease so i was going to order a space saver wheel as an extra but the lease company said the dealer would make this charge to supply and fit wheel etc in the recess of boot.
So now do i go to my local dealer and just order it, also it will be my property after the lease has ended and i would probably put it on ebay to sell.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Your choice, but I doubt in 3/4 years time if you'll get anywhere near that amount.... Might be better to hang on a bit and wait to see if some get onto ebay from breaking cars etc.... Should be a couple of months though before stuff starts appearing....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yes, the auto box gets the wheel as standard- mines the manual so I had to pay for it, but in my view its a good spend - better than messing with aerosols and compressors at the side of the road....

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think I can help with the price - if you ask the dealer the quote is £210 ( or it should be ), but when you analyse it, it breaks down as follows : I will also translate as the invoice will be in French :

Roue ( Wheel ) - £31.74 + vat
BAC Rangement ( Storage Tray ) - £20.65 +vat
Cric ( Jack ) - £ 59.56 + vat !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Handle ( Brace ) - £6.10 + vat
125/70R16 ie tyre - £ 57.13 + vat

I decided I didn't need the storage tray or jack, so my bill came to £113 incl VAT which I was ok with. Sits in the sub floor area, very neat
If the dealer is quoting £250, then he is a stealer not a dealer !!

Hope that helps everyone.

Nick

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi .... Ive seen online the spacesaver wheel for sale saying it will fit both the 16 or 17 inch wheel is this correct ? does anyone know...Thanks

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The space saver or "donut" is, as you know, an emergency spare just to get you mobile. It's supposed to be fitted on the back wheels only so if you get a front puncture you're supposed to swap around. So on the back wheels and at low speed the 16" or 17" doesn't matter. And it is far superior to the tin of snot and the pump gizmo
Edited by: grumpy crdi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for that, it makes sense now...i pick my captur up on Monday and its got the inflation kit so i need to look for a space saver wheel ...thanks for the explanation

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Make sure you get the jack and wheel wrench with it (Try ebay). If you get one from your dealer make sure he leaves in the snot and pump because you have paid for it. Then flog that on EBay to go against the price of the donut

·
Registered
863 Posts
I bought mine on a site on e bay just put in spacesaver for captur.dealer wanted near £250 for it as I did not order with car.got mine for £129 on ebay wheel tyre brace and jack.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I brought a trolley instead of using the little scissor jack you get with the wheel.
Only around £20 and much easier to use.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Ton-Hydraulic-Trolley-Floor-Jack-Car-Jack-2000kgs-CE-Approved-With-Case-/351088679749?hash=item51be841b45
Also a larger wheel brace, better than the silly little ones.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAC-Telescopic-wheel-nut-wrench-car-van-wheel-brace-breaker-bar-17-19mm-/171963091310?hash=item2809cc896e:g:EkQAAOSw7NNT~svs
<a href="http://%20www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_nkw=2+Ton+Hydraulic+Trolley+Floor+Jack+Car+Jack+2000kgs+CE+Approved+With+Case&_id=351088679749&&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2658%20" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
</a>

Edited by: Chrispy

·
Super Moderator
2,452 Posts
Are you going to carry that jack in the car at all times?
I've got a beefier one I bought back in the 1980's that I use at home, but the scissor-type jack stays in the car with the spare wheel

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have just had another thought my megane has a set of wheel bolts with the spare wheel...different bolts for the spare as opposed to the alloy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts