Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested in buying a Spacesaver for peace of mind, ( especially those long journeys ) dealer has quoted me £210.22 incl VAT. Of course, as an option when you order a car, you can have it for £85, but they put it under the boot space, and move the fuel tank forward instead. I am not sure if that affects the lower boot floor though.Might be cheaper to just order a new Michelin, and have it with you, rely on the breakdown cover and hope there is tyre depot open if you get a puncture.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
An update on the spacesaver - info which will be of interest. As above dealer quoted £210.22, but I have broken down the invoice, and you can order separate parts as follows:

The quotation is in French but as follows :
Roue ( Wheel ) £ 31.74 + vat
BAC Rangement ( Storage tray ) £ 20.65 + vat
CRIC ( Jack ) £ 59.56 + vat
Wheelbrace £6.10 + vat
Tyre 125/70R16 £ 57.13 + vat

So, I am not bothered about the storage tray( it stops things rattling around in the subfloor area), I don't need the jack, so have just ordered, the wheel, tyre and brace, for a lot cheaper £ 95 + vat. I only intend to use it for longer journeys, just for peace of mind, so won't carry it all the time.

Thought it worth sharing if you are thinking of adding this afterwards

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello nick i have been looking for a space saver wheel i am leasing my car but i don,t want to travel with just a tyre repair kit,so i am going to buy one.
Is it a french site you got tyre from..... Dave

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Dave - no I got it direct from my Renault dealer - that way I could be sure the wheel would fit, as it isn't always as straightforward as some would think ie making sure the Wheel P.C.D. is correct ie the spacing and alignment of the bolt holes relative to the hub - hope that helps - Nick

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello Nick thanks for that i will ring today and get the space saver ordered, my car is due today its a 1-5 media nav Ivory with black roof, again many thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts