Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody do me a favour and check if the spare wheel (if you have one) sits in some form of cushion / lining, as I have had to place bubble wrap underneath mine to stop it banging when I go over a bump. Without the bubble wrap, it's just the metal rim of the wheel grinding on the metal boot wheel well.
My spare wheel came after I took delivery of the car, (yes, Renault could not even get the spare tyre delivery right), so maybe it should have come with some protective lining.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that. Why the **** can't they get things right. Have to go back to the dealers now for a poxy piece of matting as I don't think the bubble wrap will last long term.Edited by: awq

·
Super Moderator
2,372 Posts
Surely the wheel should also be bolted to the car to stop it moving and launching itself if you have to make an emergency stop?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is anybody's wheel bolted down or does it just fit into the well. Seems common sense that it should be restrained when you think about it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just had a look. Yes my spare wheel is secured down with a central knurled nut. My spare was ordered with the car. You cannot see the securing nut without removing the jack ,which sits above it!

·
Registered
308 Posts
IvorETower said:
Surely the wheel should also be bolted to the car to stop it moving and launching itself if you have to make an emergency stop?
I would definitely go back to dealer as you should have a jack/tools with it and the bolt...

·
Registered
45 Posts
It defiantly has to be a spare wheel for me. The last time I had a flat tyre it was caused by a piece of metal falling off a scrap lorry in front of me. It ruined both the tyre and the alloy wheel. I was able to put on the spare wheel and continue on my journey. When I ordered the Captur it was a no brainer to order the spare wheel kit!

·
Registered
863 Posts
woodhoj totally agree mate I did not take the option of a spare first week I had the car screw in offside front.i was away at time luckily called out AA and he got me to quikfit who repaired it.got home and went to my local wheel place and got a alloy rim and part worn.now got spare AA CAN FIT IT IF I GET ANOTHER PUNCTURE.AND WILL NOT HAVE TO BUY A NEW TYRE AFTER PUTTING THAT GUNK IN IT.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have also has the sort of flats that the inflation repair would not be able fix. Don't know why but my tyres are like magnets for the nasty sharps that the morons of this world deposit on the roads. Just knowing that if it comes to the worst, I can be on my way, especially when driving abroad. For £95 it was a easy decision for me ( even if it does rattle a bit )Edited by: awq

1 - 12 of 12 Posts