Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just found that my car has no spare wheel nobody said that there was not one supplied..the dealer has quoted me
£400 for wheel and tyre.ive been driving for over 50 years and never without a spare and I'm not going to use the glue
Supplied.i once bought a spare for my reliant. Any thoughts ???

·
Registered
291 Posts
Don't know who your Dealer is but sounds a bit dodgy..!The space saver wheel kit factory supplied is £95.00.
See extras page in the Captur brochure..
Maybe he is quoting for a new full size wheel and tyre etc...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks like he's quoting for an alloy wheel instead of the spare. I doubt the alloy would fit in the well for the spare wheel

·
Registered
95 Posts
So you are saying that there isn't room for a full-size spare wheel ? The reason I'm asking is that I've ordered exactly that when I bought the car 3 weeks ago!

Wont be delivered until mid august though.

·
Super Moderator
2,687 Posts
Unfortunately many new cars today do not come with a spare of any sort; it cost Nissan a sale otherwise I'd probably have had a new Qashqai instead of a Captur, but they don't even offer one as an extra.At least for the Captur it was "only" £95... you could try local scrapyards or searching online.

Sadly it's a case of "buyer beware"

·
Registered
279 Posts
Yes, I've ordered a spare as well - £95. Bit of a rip-off, but a magic can won't fix a shredded tyre....

·
Registered
95 Posts
The salesman just told me that it would cost me 3300Dkr which is about 360GBP i guess.Not that there wasn't room ..............ok - well see how this turns out.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I had the same problem never had a car without a spare.first week screw thro front offside.called aa out luckily they took me to quikfit who repaired it.aa man said don't use that gunk otherwise it means a new tyre.a week old tyre useless if you put that gunk in it.went to my local tyre depot quoted me 100 pounds for brand new alloy plus part worn tyre.the aa can do the rest if I get another puncture.i tried to get the spare option but because it was not on the original order I would have to pay for each individual item.worked out about 250 pounds.brace tyre wheel jack no way.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was quoted £400 for the spare wheel and tyre. After a lot of haggling I got it down to £170. Not great but still better than £400. When I ordered my Captur I rang around six dealers for the soonest availability this gave me some leverage as I could easily have gone to another. But I would have had to wait longer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts