Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As much as I love my new Captur, I must admit that the car does not like speed humps. Now I realise that most cars don't like these dreaded things, but my 2010 Megan used to sail over them without any problems.
I find that I really have to slow down for the blasted things (as I suppose you should), otherwise the clunk and bang of the suspension is disturbing to say the least.
Anyone noticed the difference since they changed cars ?

·
Registered
921 Posts
awq said:
As much as I love my new Captur, I must admit that the car does not like speed humps. Now I realise that most cars don't like these dreaded things, but my 2010 Megan used to sail over them without any problems.
I find that I really have to slow down for the blasted things (as I suppose you should), otherwise the clunk and bang of the suspension is disturbing to say the least.
Anyone noticed the difference since they changed cars ?

Awq

I only ever drive over them sedatley
Yes for the cars sake and also for the sake of my vertabrae

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Any humps , bumps or holes are no nos for the Captur! The car hates them!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
This made me smile.
Yep I have noticed the difference between megane to captur with speed humps. I stop and go over in first now or we end with black eyes
or chipped teeth.

·
Super Moderator
2,730 Posts
The only car I have driven (on test drives, on hire or my own cars) that takes speed bumps in its stride was the previous-shape Volvo XC70. Round where I live, loads of the small square humps appeared in the centre of each side of the road around local schools (and we have many of them)... a real pain; the Galaxy is least uncomfortable at about 17mph over them, and the Scenic a little lower. Wife drives over them without slowing much, hence she wears out suspension components much faster than me, and 4x4 drivers keep going at 30mph limit, or even faster, frequently overtaking people who slow down, and defeating the object of having the humps. Personally I wish that such humps were banned; they cause back pain, and wear out the car's suspension

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ythsie said:

I'm from Romania and in my country, foreign people come often to take "off-road" on asphalt (because the poor condition of our roads). So, I didn't made the right choice buying Captur? Still waiting for the car.

I'm trying to see the bright part: I will never suffer from stones on mykidney.

·
Registered
180 Posts
geodor said:
Ythsie said:

So, I didn't made the right choice buying Captur? Still waiting for the car.

You err, you didnt test drive the Captur first?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh, yes, I did try it. But I haven't had any bumpy road to drive it. So my dive test was in the city, on a freshly paved road. So, the ride was a joy. That's why I'm waiting now for a Renault Captur

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your like myself, and did not hit a speed hump on the test drive.
Been reading about test drives lately and the conclusion is that most are far too short and the route, too unvaried. Will not get caught out again in future.
It's only a small, insignificant point, this topic about speed humps. You will still love the Captur when it is delivered. GUARANTEED !!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You'll still love it as it's a great car...it just doesn't absorb bumps well....but never gets unsettled!!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Gendor, I live in Poland, and although the roads are getting better, it's definitely not an off roader...It will clear most things as it sits high off the road....but if you have false teeth hang on to them!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Ythsie said:
Gendor, I live in Poland, and although the roads are getting better, it's definitely not an off roader...It will clear most things as it sits high off the road....but if you have false teeth hang on to them!!!

You made me laugh! I'll remember your post in a few years to sell it before I'll see a dentist!

As for the car... I already love it. This is quite a minor aspect as I won't leave the city very often and when I do, I take the freeway.

·
Registered
863 Posts
had a focus before with sports suspension.the captur is the same ride as the focus so because of height the captur needs stiffer suspension to stop roll.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Absolutely right! It reminds me of my son"s Volvo S60R... That had three suspension settings and by golly that was a juddery ride but it stuck to the road like glue!
It's surprising how little roll there is in the Captur...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts