Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone had the problem of trying to drop the 60 part of the back seat.the 40 part was easy but trying to release the 60 part was a nightmare.thought oh here we go another trip to dealer.eventually it went down but was frightened to put to much pressure on which seems to me a very fragile bracket to pull up.

·
Registered
924 Posts
It is un-nerving the amount of leverage needed to release the catch. Try pushing the seat back, back a little to ease the catch. I find that over time the catch does ease. I have used the forward tipping feature a number of times now, but have not yet broken the lever.
"famous last words"

Reactions: SophieM

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers will try the push back idea first.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crossbow tried your idea and found after a few swear words it seemed to work.left it alone fora fewhours or so and went back and tried it again and I seemed to have more success.cheers mate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
my car was taken in to be repaired for this problem as sometimes wasnt working at all. The fix didnt work. Have now had a call from dealerstating that Renault UK have confimed that this is the way that the seats are meant to work, and wont be repairing.

It sounds like complete rubbish how can you have one seat fold smooth, and the second need yanking to make it work. Gonna contact Renault Direct and see about returning car as not fit for purpose

·
Super Moderator
2,836 Posts
Barrowboy63 said:
.....you've got a 4 year warranty.
.....so long as there isn't a catch in it

(sorry)

·
Registered
119 Posts
I really cant see how a catch being stiff is a reason to return a car as 'not fit for purpose'.Mine are both quite difficult too but then its a brand new car that hasn't been mandhandled loads of times so of course things take time to wear in.

I'm constantly amazed at the things people choose to get huffy about and return their cars!

If it was something important like brakes or a didgy windscreen I'd understand, but a sticky seat? Wow

·
Registered
409 Posts
I got a fly on the windscreen the other day. Contemplating returning the car. Cant be seen in dirty car, possible safety issue with vision. Not fit for purpose.......

Wait, its gone. Something else is bound to turn up, perhaps a wasp or something in the cabin. Definite safety issue there.

Naughty Whiteball.

·
Registered
28 Posts
LisaH said:
I really cant see how a catch being stiff is a reason to return a car as 'not fit for purpose'.
Mine are both quite difficult too but then its a brand new car that hasn't been mandhandled loads of times so of course things take time to wear in.

I'm constantly amazed at the things people choose to get huffy about and return their cars!

If it was something important like brakes or a didgy windscreen I'd understand, but a sticky seat? Wow

Well to fold the seat down I have to yank the catch back and forward and rock the seat back and forward with quite a bit of force.It's not just stiff, put together with R-link crashing/freezing/not playing USB, heating has been stuck on a few times that's why im not happy. Edited by: adeharding

·
Registered
824 Posts
I found another little latch behind the middle of the back rest when you pull the top latch near the belts slip a hand between back and seat bottom you can feel the other latch it makes things a lot easier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem, booked it back In the dealers , only to be told after a day in the garage , "there was nothing wrong with it "
We walked out to my car with the (seamed like 15 yr old ) . To check and inspect , and blow me , it works , he said " they didn't do anything " he must think I was born yesterday .

·
Registered
28 Posts
Good Afternoon All
I have just had to put my back-seat down for the first time and nothing could have been easier. Pull on catch and fold , on both sides ease as wink.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Tustain said:
Me to its so simple there must be some dull people about

Keep your head down mate, think you may get some stick.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts