Renault Captur Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Day 4 with my new Captu and all well,except Stop Start function not working! It is set but keep getting message " Stop Start Function Not Available"Have rung dealership and they have told me it is due to battery not being fully charged !!
Admittedly I have not driven that far. Will take it in if problem continues.
Any ideas whether what the dealership is saying is correct,not had this feature before.

Aside for this glitch a fab car.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi, according to the manual there are certain conditions when the stop start feature will not work. These are:

Conditions preventing the standby of the engine
Depending on the vehicle, certain con- ditions prevent the system from using the engine standby function, including when:
""“ reverse gear is engaged;
""“ the bonnet is not locked;
""“ the driver's door is not closed;
""“ the driver's seatbelt is not fastened;
""“ the outdoor temperature is too low or too high (less than around 0 °C or higher than around 30 °C);
""“ thebatteryisnotsufficientlycharged;
""“ the difference between the vehicle interior temperature and the auto- matic climate control instruction is too high;
""“ the ""Clear View""� function is activated (please see the information on ""Air conditioning""� in Section 3);
""“ the engine coolant temperature is too low;
""“ automatic particle filter cleaning is
underway;

I hope this helps, if not I would suggest you take it back to the dealer to be checked out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
iang
Thank you so much for all the very helpful info. I will check it all out and see what happens and take it back if still playing up and nothing in the long list is causing this malfunction.

A great forum

·
Registered
317 Posts
No problem, to be honest the first time I drove my car the start stop didn't until imhad travelled about 20 miles. Now it works about 90% of the time. Good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Interestingly, mine didn't work straight out of the dealership but I had been told that depending what else was running eg climate control, it wouldn't kick in and put drain on power ? However, as Ian's said, it kicked in after about 10 miles I think, when not running other stuff.

·
Registered
103 Posts
As others have said, the stop start fiction doesn't like being cold either son it really only functions when the engine is nice and warm.

A word of warning to those that are not aware. It states in the owners manual that the car can re start on its own in certain circumstances, so don't put it in gear while at the lights etc.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Not tried my Stop Start as yet.....maybe tomorrow! My dealer did tell me that it may not work under certain conditions ie battery/cold etc so well done to them for flagging it up.
One thing I was suprised about is that the car defaults to Stop/Start it being activated at every new initial start up....in my case until I get my head round it Id rather have a total turn off button....looks like I will have to get to grips with it and use it properly soon!
Im a bit of a Technophobe!!
.........to say the least!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Its very easy to get used to. Just remember to slip it to neutral and take your foot off the clutch. As soon as you put your foot on the clutch to engage a gear it restarts.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have stop start on my mini and I guess it will be the same in the captur. It only restarts by itself if you have been at traffic lights for a while. Scares me still when it suddenly comes back to life on its own!

It's funny when you are with passengers who don't know what the stop start thing is so they look at you panicked when the engine cuts dead when you come to a stop. Haha!

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Dal said:
A word of warning to those that are not aware. It states in the owners manual that the car can re start on its own in certain circumstances, so don't put it in gear while at the lights etc.

I don't think you can leave it in gear and be in the stop / start mode anyway so no worries there.

My current car will restart itself if I let it freewheel for a second or two as well. i.e - roll down an incline at a junction etc.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Dan, yes you can but you need to stop as normal to engage the stop start (stop) then while stationary and the engine off select a gear (without touching the clutch) I've been driving a Dynamique S for the last week and doing exactly as I described above, until I read in the owners manual that in certain conditions the engine may restart on its own.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi Dal, I am slightly confused here as I read your earlier post and then thought the engine will not stop automatically if it is in gear so how would it automatically start if it hadn't stopped (if you get my drift). What do you mean by selecting a gear without touching the clutch?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Didn't make myself very clear did I lol. When you stop with the car in neutral and foot off the clutch the engine stops. You can then select a gear in preparation to move off again. But because you didn't touch the clutch the engine won't restart. So as the lights change (for example) you dip the clutch, already in gear and off you go. If you drive a lot as i do, in places like London you need to get an advantage lol

But as I said before don't do it lol

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Dal said:
Didn't make myself very clear did I lol. When you stop with the car in neutral and foot off the clutch the engine stops. You can then select a gear in preparation to move off again. But because you didn't touch the clutch the engine won't restart. So as the lights change (for example) you dip the clutch, already in gear and off you go. If you drive a lot as i do, in places like London you need to get an advantage lol

But as I said before don't do it lol

ah that makes sense now! I was wondering how you stopped the car in gear to activate the stop/start!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.