Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 'Check Start Stop' warning on the dash. There is a red light on the start stop switch which wont go off. Does anyone know what the problem is and should I get this checked urgently? Thanks

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi Pinkoatcake,
How old is your battery?
Had this issue along with other faults yonks back and afraid my battery was confirmed by friend who is mechanic as being knackered.
Is there anyway of getting your battery checked or try using C-Tek car battery smart charger or similar and see if that makes any difference.

I had to contact Renault Customer Services who were most unhelpful and could not care less.

Demanded garage where purchased to replace under warranty they refused.
Woeful Renault Customer service.

Keep us updated when you get it sorted
cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. Got the battery checked today and all OK with the battery so not sure what it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
had same problem but mine was with a wrong type reverse put in. No matter if i turn off the red light on the switch,it still came on and also the message.But after fitting the correct reverse switch and taking the car for a run,messages disappear, also the activate came into operational again, also could switch off if need be,At least no more messages,read my post about fitting the reverse senors not working.Something in the software does not like having 12v constant when going into reverse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts