Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a capture during lock down and it was only a year old but my car wouldn't start last week and the garage informed me it needed a new starter motor. I can't believe it needs one already. Is anyone else experiencing this?

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
That's bizarre. Most Capturs have a push-button start-stop system which should ensure that the starter is never over-stressed, so should last longer than "normal"

If the car is only a year old, it will be covered by Renault's new car warranty (3 years)

Reactions: Denise crossa

·
Registered
398 Posts
Yep, it's a warranty item. Did they tell you this over the phone, because it seems an unlikely problem.

·
Registered
745 Posts
You say "the garage", I assume you have had the car recovered to a Renault dealership? If not,you should using Renault Assist for a replacement starter motor to be fitted under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea it's under warranty and it's a Renault garage but I'm just concerned why it's happened so quick

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
Probably a "random" early life failure. Being warranty, you will probably never get to find out, even if you ask. However, almost certainly Renault will return the starter to their manufacturer and ask for a fault investigation as well as payment for the cost of changing it out on your car.... so may be worth asking the garage and Renault UK if they can let you know the outcome of this

Reactions: Denise crossa

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. I will ask for an investigation as I feel its too young to have this problem and it was the rac and Arnold Clark that told me it was the starter motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem, same age car, it has now been at dealership for 6 weeks waiting for replacement under warranty, which according to service dept is due to delay in stock coming over from France due to brexit.
My car along with another 10 are at same dealership and all developed the same fault in 24 hours due to frost giving and water getting into engine and shorting a connector and damaging the motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a capture during lock down and it was only a year old but my car wouldn't start last week and the garage informed me it needed a new starter motor. I can't believe it needs one already. Is anyone else experiencing this?
My captur has now been in a dealership for 3 weeks now for a starter motor problem. Has anyone got their car back yet?

·
Registered
2019 Captur
9 Posts
Same thing has happened here, my starter motor burnt out after 20,000 miles. Absolutely terrible support service from Renault UK (Which seems to be outsourced).
Without doubt this has put me off Renault. Fine if the car works, but support is terrible from the head office

·
Registered
2019 Captur
9 Posts
That's bizarre. Most Capturs have a push-button start-stop system which should ensure that the starter is never over-stressed, so should last longer than "normal"

If the car is only a year old, it will be covered by Renault's new car warranty (3 years)

Be wary of the warranty - it is 3 years, but, the first 2 are unlimited mileage, and the 3rd year depends on what your mileage is. Am sure I recall Renault and others offerring a 3 year warranty regardless in the past.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem, same age car, it has now been at dealership for 6 weeks waiting for replacement under warranty, which according to service dept is due to delay in stock coming over from France due to brexit.
My car along with another 10 are at same dealership and all developed the same fault in 24 hours due to frost giving and water getting into engine and shorting a connector and damaging the motor.
I have the same problem ! Car has been at the dealership for 4 weeks now!! Part is on ‘back order’ !

1 - 20 of 36 Posts