Renault Captur Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Thanks for the fast replies, this web site is a parts site, that may help you get the right part number so you can search the internet for the parts used or new parts you need.

Ebay is a good place to look for parts

All you have to do is enter your VIN number in the top box on the site, this info can be found in your log book.

I was hoping that it only affected a certain manufactured year.

The site has been posted on the forum before

PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

·
Registered
4 Posts
I contacted the dealership who have my car for repair and they said that the delay in getting starter motors is that Renault have none available in France!!! My car is a 68 reg and has done 8000 miles! This has really put me off Renault! Don’t know when I’ll get my car back! 4 weeks in now and no end in sight.

·
Registered
2019 Captur
9 Posts
Terrible for a major manufacturer like Renault. Thanks for the heads up, I intend to ask the dealer if I can source one independently and get it sent to them.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Terrible for a major manufacturer like Renault. Thanks for the heads up, I intend to ask the dealer if I can source one independently and get it sent to them.
Please let the forum know the outcome.

Faced with the same situation I would purchase a used one then see if the main dealership
would remove the faulty one, fit the used one, and for the main agent to keep the faulty one and contact me when the replacement arrived.

I would be prepared to pay for the swapping fee for putting in a used one.

Alternatively, I would had it towed to another garage for swapping over the
used one.

I could not wait weeks without a car

This reminds me of the Austin allegro when cars were off the road for months due to
faulty rubber mounts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I contacted the dealership who have my car for repair and they said that the delay in getting starter motors is that Renault have none available in France!!! My car is a 68 reg and has done 8000 miles! This has really put me off Renault! Don’t know when I’ll get my car back! 4 weeks in now and no end in sight.
Hi yes mine is a 69 plate and has been off the road 5weeks. Ask the dealership for a courtesy car. I got one when they put a case up to Renault

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just registered to post in this thread. I'd be having the same problem, my Captur had been at the dealership since mid-February after the snow we had in South Yorkshire.
Had been told the same things about the back-order problem but I just had a phone call this morning that they finally had starter motors come in this morning! There's a backlog of cars to fix so mine won't be ready until tomorrow but fingers crossed you'll all get phone calls soon too!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Just registered to post in this thread. There's a backlog of cars to fix so mine won't be ready until tomorrow but fingers crossed you'll all get phone calls soon too!
Welcome to the forum
Please if you can remember, ask what make was the starter motor

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum
Please if you can remember, ask what make was the starter motor
Apologies, I completely forgot to ask when I got to the dealership to pick my car up. Due to the COVID situation they practically just threw my keys at me and kicked me out the door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how many of us are still waiting for their cars to be fixed? I just got a text from Renault dealership who gave my car to say that the starter motors are still delayed!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys I have had the same problem, brought a 19 plate 1.5 dci Captur the end of October 9500 miles on the clock, the starter motor went in February at 11200 miles and I called out the RAC, they said to call Renault Assist, they came and towed it to Renault garage, I got in touch with the number they gave me for Enterprise and got a free courtesy car. My car was in the garage for 5 weeks, I received it back last week. I did keep calling Renault to see if there was any progress and like you got the same answer, there was a back log and they was coming from France. Like you I am very wary now of Renault, fingers crossed. Hope you get your cars back soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys I have had the same problem, brought a 19 plate 1.5 dci Captur the end of October 9500 miles on the clock, the starter motor went in February at 11200 miles and I called out the RAC, they said to call Renault Assist, they came and towed it to Renault garage, I got in touch with the number they gave me for Enterprise and got a free courtesy car. My car was in the garage for 5 weeks, I received it back last week. I did keep calling Renault to see if there was any progress and like you got the same answer, there was a back log and they was coming from France. Like you I am very wary now of Renault, fingers crossed. Hope you get your cars back soon.
Got mine back on Friday after 6 weeks!!!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts