Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, in the supermarket car park, foot on clutch, press the button ..... zilch.Tried again, nothing.
Next tried version 2 of the proceedure, foot on brake, press button.....Brrm, and away we went.

I had a similar problem some years ago on my previous car, a Scenic 2, which was caused by Renault being very economical in wire in the loom and the length that connected to the switch on the clutch pedal wasn't quite long enough. Fixed by the dealer soldering in a bit more!

This morning in the light of day I investigated the switch, pressed the connector fully home until it clicked, everything back to normal.

Maybe it wasn't 'clicked home' when the car was built (only 1400 miles to date), or maybe it was shaken loose by our supersmooth roads in the UK I don't know.

Hope this is of help to others in the future!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I noticed something similar a while back. I normally have to press the brake to start,but im sure it occasionally asks to press the clutch. Also last week it asked for key card to be inserted. Strange but not causing any problems

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've noticed if you last stopped the engine using stop start and you then don't dip the clutch to restart but get out of the car or sit for a while and then want to restart it seems to ask you to put your foot on brake not clutch just a thought ;-)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It does tell you on the small screen to start and press brake or clutch on occasions - that's quite normal! IT'S NORMAL!
Edited by: Tyrfelin

·
Registered
306 Posts
I always used the brake to start as it always says on the readout 'press brake to start', Mrs F on the other hand has always used the clutch and guess what it stopped starting with the clutch a few days ago. As long as it starts with one of them its not a problem for me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just been in to my dealer to get the "no maps" fixed......they did!In the end, with much trepidation, they disconnected the battery, waited an appropriate time, and then re-connected it - all fixed.

However, it didn't sort out the clutch/brake problem - but, apparently, it is a noted problem on the local dealer 'network', with no cure yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a similar problem , my car will also not start fro mtime to time..

I have had the car for 15 months and i've had the problem for 12 months. It started a week before first service.

For the first year, it only asked me to press the clutch and then press the start button. Now it asks med to sometime press the clutch then the clutch+brake and then agin to do it with the keycard inserted. I stil experience that i wont start from time to time both winter and summer. The fault seems to be periodic?

The garage can't read out any faliure, and kind of implies that it probably me?? Which *issses me off?! They have tried to "fix" it several times, without finding or trying to do anything?

Any advice?

Kind regards Flemming

Sorry for any broken English. I am from Denmark

1 - 13 of 13 Posts