Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m new to this forum but would like to know about the battery on my Captur 1.2tce Auto. Just been serviced and the garage says it could do with new battery, and as it’s a stop/start battery it needs the expensive one. My captur is not a stop/start car. No switch to deactivate it and never stop/started at any junction. All the info I can find tells me it should be a stop/start vehicle! It a14 plate (Jan 2014). Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
Yes, see my recent thread on battery change.... flooded battery, not start-stop. I'll see if I can find it and post the link here if I do

EDIT:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, see my recent thread on battery change.... flooded battery, not start-stop. I'll see if I can find it and post the link here if I do

EDIT:

EDIT:
Thanks for the info. It explains a lot, mine is an EDF battery as well, so it’s the expensive one. I’ve stopped doing my own repairs (age related) so back to my local friendly garage it is. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
EFB batteries are not necessarily fitted to stop-start cars, they may use a different type. My 2014 EDC does not have stop-start, but the info from Renault still stated that an "ordinary" battery was not suitable hence the factors where I got my replacement would not warrant one and I was "forced" to buy an EFB type. When I removed the old battery, it was marked as EFB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts