Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Captur S Edition 1.3 140 BHP EDC automatic.
I've read lots of posts by people complaining that their "stop start" is not functioning.
I have the opposite problem where the stop start is to sensitive. It doesn't matter how gently I press the brake pedal the engine always stops. If I'm moving at 2 mph and very gently touch the brake pedal the engine will stop while the car is still rolling forward. This is concerning in a situation where I'm turning right and not quite having to stop; as when the engine stops I have no power steering! I thought that with automatics the stop start function worked when pressing the brake pedal slightly harder then normal.
I know I can turn it off but I'm worried that if my partner takes the car out she will not remember to turn it off.
Anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
700 Posts
take it back to your dealer. Tell him it is dangerous. Stop-start shouldn't operate until the car is stationary. Even then it is not immediate, on mine there is a delay of a couple of seconds. My (2017 auto) manual says
  • the gearbox in position D, M or N; and
  • the brake pedal depressed (sufficiently hard), and
  • the accelerator pedal not depressed; and
  • the speed is zero for around 1 second.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Proper scary, I turn mine off as the car just does not respond quickly enough at junctions and islands around the city. Unfortunately as you say, it does have to be turned off every time you restart the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts