Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed if I use my "ECO" mode for any length of time that when I return to "normal" mode that my stop start becomes unavailable. Dci90 1.5 manual Deisel.
Trying to figure out the logic here. ECO mode adjusts all the energy consumption to improve mpg. So the seperate battery that the stop start usesis starved ofenough power to make it unuseable. When returning to "nornal" the stop start becomes available again after its battery gets a decent charge.

My advice "normal" mode for knocking about, stop start working and helping on fuel economy. "ECO" for long runs. By the way I'm just completeing my first week of ownership and have managed about 325Miles at 61.7pg with a pretty much mixed usage. Max length of trip is up to about 20miles.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Interesting!!....I didn't realise the stop/start system had its own battery........message to self - "Get a grip of the Stop/Start and use it".........Im guilty of keep turning it off.......its a mental block!!

·
Registered
215 Posts
was told at the dealership to use it the opposite way ie use the eco button when driving in town and switch it of when motorway driving, been doing a lot of in town driving and the average is slowly going up all the time , kicking about the streets it is showing an average of 57 mpg which i am more than happy with, only 500 miles on the clock so its not even run in , also in the handbook it explains that you should expect better performance after around 3500 miles

·
Registered
50 Posts
Why not ECO and Start/Stop?

Mines been on ECO ever since I picked it up, start/stop works perfectly too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Eco mode manages the cars systems to minimise 'drag' on the engine so that it uses less fuel ; throttle mapping is one way and another is the battery being charged at a lower level, especially when on the throttle or cruising - it's the latter that means the battery won't be charged to a level to support stop/ start (or rather to replenish it) so stop/ start may not work for some time - Eco makes the best work whilst driving, stop/ start makes the best decisions when around town.Edited by: Frank Bullitt

·
Registered
137 Posts
There are several situations inwhichcase the START/STOP system is not going to stop. The most common situation is the high consumption of electricity in your vehicle (AC on with a big difference between the outside temperature and the temperature set into your AC system). "Clear view" on might be another reason... But the manual specify this. Read the manual at section 2.6 to 2.8.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts