Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering, has anyone experienced this. Car up to operating temp and the stop start has been operating. I came to a halt in traffic and sat in gear with clutch depressed, the stop start symbol A was flashing not noticed this before, has anyone else??? malcaptur.

·
Registered
35 Posts
My understanding is that's normal, as system is basically advising you that it will stop engine if you take car out of gear and release the clutch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike I thought as much, it must have always been doing it but ive not noticed,too busy looking at my reflection in shopwindows I think!

·
Registered
824 Posts
The little green light doesnt come on sometimes yet the Stop/Start system will still work.Once I had got used to it I found it gets you in a good habit of handbrake on....into neutral.....foot off clutch.In the past I would have been sitting there with clutch in gear in 1st ready for the off at lights etc.If the system doesnt work at times its not a fault...... the criteria for its operation must not be right dependent on what you have switched on etc and temperature and battery condition,when these are met it works!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Yes works fine once warmed up and in neutral also start kicks in if stop is prolonged. Symbol isn't always visible but it wont work if blue temperature light is on (car not warmed up). I like it!!!!Edited by: Tyrfelin

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure if this is right, I read it somewhere ( poss technical manual) but I think if driving for a prolonged peroid with ECO mode, stop start can be unavailable for a while, cos Eco mode reduces the re charging amount for the second battery ( which supplies stop start) to save power, and if the charge is to low it will stop the system. Also the engine started on me the other day while sitting waiting for a mate cos I turned the front demister on !!

Bridge to engine room, more power scotty...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts