Renault Captur Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Captur 2017 1.5DCI EDC
872 Posts
Never seen that before. Have you managed to turn off the ignition (try a long press on the button, or just leave the car). Last resort disconnect the battery and start again. Are you sure it's the stop start that stopped the engine and not a five year old battery?

·
Super Moderator
3,141 Posts
If the battery does not have enough charge, when you press the "start-stop" button nothing will happen and you do not get an error message to tell you the problem - at least, that is my experience on more than one occasion

·
Registered
23 Posts
My stop/start was looked at today and they found my Battery was only 40% charged!

They charged it overnight but it did not work, For a car that does a fair few miles I say this is not right. Pretty rubbish batteries installed or the Captur draws too much power vs the recharge rate?

·
Registered
Captur 2017 1.5DCI EDC
872 Posts
My stop/start was looked at today and they found my Battery was only 40% charged!
They charged it overnight but it did not work, For a car that does a fair few miles I say this is not right. Pretty rubbish batteries installed or the Captur draws too much power vs the recharge rate?
The life of an EFB/AGM car battery is on average 6-7 years. As it becomes older, it loses its capacity to hold charge. In addition a battery that is allowed to discharge, and kept in that state will not last very long at all. Lockdown due to Covid meant that many owners hardly used their cars, and rarely for long journeys. This has led to all sorts of battery problems for them. Stop start batteries have a high demand on them, and the power demand from modern cars has led to the development of these new EFB/AGM batteries. The Captur is no exception but by no means at the top of the list for electrical power requirements. On top of all this the only way to get a battery close to 100% charge guaranteed today is on a workbench with a smart charger. A car battery charging system has too many constraints (time, emission controls, temp) to ensure this. All the owner can do is to ensure the battery and charging system are in top shape. Even then he would be lucky to achieve 90% charge capacity.

·
Super Moderator
3,141 Posts
Smart chargers:
See my recent post here:

21 - 25 of 25 Posts