Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hope someone can help
Petrol Captor 15 reg no major issues from new . Out of warranty Service / MOT due March
Today bleep, red stop sign and red coolant . Warning engine failure
Anybody had this and what did you do or would you do ?
Checked Handbook says contact Dealer but wondering if theres cheaper interventions ??
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
122 Posts
Evening DJL

Without sounding patronising, have you checked the coolant level? My 64 plate TCE90 recently developed a coolant leak (turns out it was the thermostat housing) and I noticed this just before the coolant level fell below the low mark. If you haven't checked this recently, I would do so and top up if required as insufficient coolant will cause that warning light.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If everything checks out, check that the main battery is OK. If the system is not getting the voltage it needs, it is very capable of throwing out false error messages.

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
Basically the first thing to do is conduct your own checks to see if you can identify anything that may have made the light come on, such as low coolant level. Apart from that there are several/many reasons why the "stop" warning may have illuminated, so best to get the car professionally checked if you cannot find anything yourself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts