Renault Captur Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the strange warning "doing" is? It doesn't seem to be connected to anything specific such as speed cameras - sometimes it is a solitary "doing" at other times it increases in velocity & volume....quite disturbing when I don't know what it is!Only had the car 2 weeks. Love it apart from the "doing"!

·
Super Moderator
2,968 Posts
If it's coming from the Nav system, it may just be a warning that it thinks you have exceeded the speed limit

·
Registered
2021, Captur Launch, PHEV
39 Posts
Could it be the AVAS -
AVAS system or PWS (Pedestrian Warning System) is the Acoustic Vehicle Warning System that all electric vehicles must include by law. 0- 20km/hr. Speaker alerts pedestrians that you are approaching. I have a strange high pitched humming sound on mine.

·
Registered
2021, Captur Launch, PHEV
39 Posts
Is it accompanied by a big red BRAKE warning on the dash? It sounds like it could be the auto braking system being a bit over enthusiastic.
Yes, that big red 'Brake' warning is very disconcerting. Cannot see any reason I should brake so sort of ignore it. How can you tell if its for real?

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
193 Posts
It's always "real" but it picks-up things like pedestrians on the pavement on a righthand bend (UK) as it thinks you're going to hit them but then clears as you turn the corner due to the "target" no longer being a collision threat. It will eventually slam the brakes on if it is a genuine "real" situation and you haven't already done the braking yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts