Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, about six weeks ago I mentioned on here that I had a strange whistling noise coming from my engine on my TCE 90. After reporting it to Renault and several trips to and from the dealers and several curtesy clio's later, today they have a stablished the route cause.
At first they thought it could be the alternator or turbo, but after a visit from a Renault Technician it turns out that I have a faulty water pump.
The pump is on order so hopefully my whistling Captur will be no more!
Although this has taken a while to sort out, I'm more than happy with the way Renault have dealt with this issue, truly professional and extremely helpful throughout.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Reece said:
So, about six weeks ago I mentioned on here that I had a strange whistling noise coming from my engine on my TCE 90. After reporting it to Renault and several trips to and from the dealers and several curtesy clio's later, today they have a stablished the route cause.
At first they thought it could be the alternator or turbo, but after a visit from a Renault Technician it turns out that I have a faulty water pump.
The pump is on order so hopefully my whistling Captur will be no more!
Although this has taken a while to sort out, I'm more than happy with the way Renault have dealt with this issue, truly professional and extremely helpful throughout.
I'm not sure if i am having tha same problem or not. I can hear a whistling / whine while driving but only when i have the window open. I also have the 1.5 DCi version so could be different. How long is the wait for your replacement water pump?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts