Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've had my Captur for about 3 days and I'm very happy with it...but I do have a few stupid questions:
<ul>[*]When I leave the dog in the car and go to pay for fuel etc...how do I lock her in without setting off the alarm?[*]Where can I see how many miles it's done in total? Can't see this anywhere![*]The MPG is stuck on 29.9...tried resetting but it doesn't change?[*]I have a Medianav but no Eco button/option...this is one of the main things I wanted on the car but it just seems to have a map button instead?[/list]

I'm probably being really thick...it's normal

Thanks

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The first I'll pass on...leave someone to respond who has a dog..
The mpg is unfortunately a fault yet to be solved by Renault on 1.5 models...it will probably result in some form of recall...Have a read on the forum as it's quite common.
The eco mode is switched on and off by a switch that you will find on the central tunnel below your gear lever..
I have R limk so this next one may be different with you as the total mileage is displayed in front of you in the binnacle with speedo , petrol guage etc..Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
I have a physical Eco button...but the manual suggests I should have an Eco button with an Eco display on the Medianav...but I only seem to have a Map button instead.

The guy who sold it to me told me not to bother with the R-link as (in his own words) 'it's only an app system that lets you check things like the weather'...so I gave it a miss...does it do more than that?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yes, just shows his ignorance.
Your system is very good...and I would say most people on here have gone for it because of the difference in price.
The R link gives you the posdibility of the apps as he said, but it has a lot of nice features that I use more iften than them...
In particular I bought it as it has a better sound system with six speakers and Tom Tom maps..There are extra readouts showing you how well you're driving..from an ecinomy point of view and on manual boxes even when you should shift up or down. I suspect this is the feature you were talking about as far as eco is concerned..but medianav doesn't give you that.
If you chose a reversing canera you have your display on the R link and quite a number of other features..
Needless to say, if you have medianav you can't upgrade to r link as it's only a factory fitted option with a different wiring loom.
I'm sure you will be happy with medianav...but have a read up on the latest information on post codes. I believe there is a FREE upgrade available...as this was a big bugbear with people and has seen a rethink by Renault.
Have a look at the threads on this..they are quite extensive..but seem to show that you can now put in postcodes and get where you want!!
Happy Capturing!!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hi Andy, to see how many miles you have done - there is an up and a down button right at the end of (i think the indicator) lever on the right hand side of the steering when.. you press either up or down and it will scroll through the display showing average mpg, average speed, distance to next fuelling etc. holding both up and down at the same time resets it for new journeys etc.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks
I'll play with that later after work

Does anyone know how I can lock my dog in the car without the alarm going off? Milton Keynes has a big problem with dogs being stolen and I literally never do a trip without her so I would have to leave the car locked while I'm paying for fuel

I had a Range Rover Sport before and I just pushed the lock button twice to disable to internal sensors.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I assume then you had the either the Protection Pack fitted to the car or just an alarm by itself as that is the only way you can get an alarm on the Captur?

I'm afraid even though I sell them I have yet to deliver a Captur with an alarm so I'm not sure how you deactivate the interior monitoring sensors, however if it is like Megane's and Scenic's you will have to insert the key card into the slot in the centre console, when the engine is off, and press the start/stop button 5 times, without pressing either the brake or clutch, get out of the car and lock it and you should hear two faint beeps.

You will have an alarm manual though which will guide you through the procedure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'll just lock the car and if the alarm goes of with her in it...it's not going to matter ...I thought all new cars had alarms including internal sensors? My old fiesta had that lol...more confused now lol

·
Registered
741 Posts
Andyherts said:
I think I'll just lock the car and if the alarm goes of with her in it...it's not going to matter ...I thought all new cars had alarms including internal sensors? My old fiesta had that lol...more confused now lol

Unless you asked for an alarm and paid extra for one then you won't have one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've asked the dealer via email...I'll be fairly p'd off if I find it hasn't got one...I did explain to the guy that it was my first time buying a car and he would need to run through everything and assume I knew nothing about cars...so I would have expected things like that to be mentioned.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Andyherts said:
I've asked the dealer via email...I'll be fairly p'd off if I find it hasn't got one...I did explain to the guy that it was my first time buying a car and he would need to run through everything and assume I knew nothing about cars...so I would have expected things like that to be mentioned.
Why would you expect a lack of alarm to be mentioned, it isn't the salesmans job to tell you what it doesn't have, unless you specifically asked if it had one or were specific in making sure that you mentioned it must have one?

I never tell people what a car doesn't have, where do you stop on listing what a car doesn't come with?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
erm...because I'm not a car salesman and I've made an effort of explaining that I know nothing about cars and will need things explained.

I run a very successful business and if I took the attitude that the customer should just go and find out for themselves...I'd be out of business very fast.

Also...you can be as blase about it as you like...but I don't consider an alarm something 'not' worth mentioning....the fact that it doesn't sprout wings and turn into a chocolate trifle when you turn left is something I wouldn't bother mentioning...it's a little thing called common sense...try it out sometime.

·
Super Moderator
2,757 Posts
Well, when mine arrives it should have an alarm so if you can wait that long, I'll let you know the answer in late July.

My parents Volvo has a button on the centre console that you must press before removing the ignition key. This then disables the interior alarm sensors when you get out and lock the car. However it automatically resets next time that the engine is started/car is locked.
On my Galaxy, 2 presses of the remote locking button disables the alarm completely (no option to just turn off the interior sensors) so all manufacturers seem to pick their own way of doing things

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Haha...I can see both sides on this one!! I must admit that the dealer said that it deadlocks...so do I really want an alarm?...My answer was yes...the car had to be prepared for it before you chose the option...and in my opinion WAS expensive..add to that the alarm...so it's not a great selling item that I presume can be done at a later date...
I still like to have it, although it can be a nuisance!!!
If my partner leaves the car with her key card in her handbag...and I'm still in it...it goes off...because it locks and detects 'MOI' still sitting in it!!!
She has to leave the keycard with ne.... You can't do that with the dog!!
I think that you probably won't have the alarm however!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've just spoken to the dealer...they confirmed that it only has an imobiliser.

Last Friday the salesman who sold me the car and did the handover confirmed that it did have one when I asked about how to disable it with the dog left inside...hence why I was so confused AND when I rang my insurance they said that it's lucky I pushed them for the information today as my insurance would have been invalid! Now it's updated...but I'm super unhappy with the salesman...I don't know if I'm coming or going!

·
Registered
741 Posts
In that case then the salesman has been a bit naughty, however I stand by what I said, we can't cover all bases and tell you everything that the car doesn't have, I could probably reel off around a 1000 things that the Captur doesn't have or do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Regarding the alarm, when you have stopped the engine, leave the card in the holder,keep your feet off the pedals, press the 'start' button 4 times, leave the car and lock it, you should hear a 'beep' to say the alarm has been disabled.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Renault called me back today, they have confirmed that even though the dealer told me the car had an alarm at the handover, that I was left driving around with invalid insurance due to a dealers mistake and that I had been told the wrong information about the R-link which I now cannot have...they and the dealer can't do anything...so I just tweeted that to my 6600 Twitter followers

I didn't make a fuss...I simply said that the buying experience was rubbish and that I would be honest in reviews about it
for some time!

Fortunately I love the car...so much fun to drive!
Just a shame that Renault and the Milton Keynes dealership were so rubbish at selling it lol!

·
Registered
180 Posts
oh no .. surely not tweeting....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts