Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Folks. I went to Ness Motors of Perth on Thursday 22/05/14to have a test drive,Perth is 120 miles from where I live in Peterhead North east Scotland.They had an Orange Diesel automatic which I took for a very long run,
I was very impressed with the car, The diesel engine & the six speed auto-box work well together.
I placed an order fora Dynamique S Media/ Nav Dci Auto Edc ,InTahoe blue with black roof & matching wheels.I then asked the question how long ?.
The salesman I was dealing with Brian Anderson told me the end of July or in to August, He then said hold on a minute, I know a dealer in the Glasgow area who has just taken delivery of that exact model.
He made a call to this dealer and was toldto call back on Monday 26/05/14.
Brian told me he would give me a call Monday and told me to send on the retention documents for my private plates,
I got a call from Brian on Tuesday 27/05/14 I got the car for you it will be ready for collection on Friday Morning 30/05/14.
Mywife & went to collect the car, All ready to go on my private plates, New set of mats & first-aid kit all thrown in. there was 1/2 a tank of diesel in the car as well.
I also got a good trade-in deal for my Megane .
What a great service, 8 daysfor a new car to be delivered.
A very Happy Scotsshuggie.

·
Registered
428 Posts
It's a record !
Right place, right time. Why can't Renault do this every time.
If I thought they could I would be a returning customer, but personally, I would never put myself through all that stress again.
Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wow..well done..Hope your Captur lives up to your expectations...Happy Motoring and add your pin to the expanding members map!!!
meterman_56

·
Registered
921 Posts
Lucky 8 mine was delivered in 8 days as well

Happy Motoring

·
Registered
95 Posts
17 weeks and still counting ..........he he - have a pleasant weekend all you Captur´es :))

·
Registered
180 Posts
Wonderful, the lord does truly shine on you .. lol ..

dont, what ever you do, tell IvorEtower ..

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
15 weeks tomorrow, and counting... although at least I have been told that the car is made and on its way fto Southampton.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Same here, phone call to say it's left the factory and is on a ship to Southampton and should be ready for me by the end of the month. Just need to keep the aliens away.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I would not celebrate until the car is actually with the dealer. 'My' Captur vanished somewhere between Southampton and the dealer......

·
Registered
428 Posts
It's the full month that it has to spend in Southampton that annoyed me. The delivery system with all of the associated excuses really peed me off.
First the delivery company went broke, then it was the one about Eddie Stobart awaiting the contract, and the one about aliens abducting Capture's.

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
Mine is having some work done to it in Southampton..... fitting of parking sensors and an alarm. Maybe I can go to see it next weekend?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Don't forget to take your letter from God (M.D. Renault UK) or they won't let you in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts