Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering a brand new model has just hit the showrooms and the Captur is one of the most popular UK cars how come there is never much activity on here? Or is there another more active Captur forum?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Considering a brand new model has just hit the showrooms and the Captur is one of the most popular UK cars how come there is never much activity on here? Or is there another more active Captur forum?
Evening dcweather,

I'm not sure how many daily posts are needed for a forum to be considered "active", but I'd say this forum is (active).

If a question is asked then it is only a day or two (at the most) before someone has provided an answer or suggestion.

To answer your question though, I am not aware of another dedicated Captur forum.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was in a dealership in Jan. and there were no new model Captur's in the showroom, and I've not seen any on the road. If you look on You Tube etc there are very few road tests in English, and therein lies the problem, no information - nothing to write or comment on :unsure:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was in a dealership in Jan. and there were no new model Captur's in the showroom, and I've not seen any on the road. If you look on You Tube etc there are very few road tests in English, and therein lies the problem, no information - nothing to write or comment on :unsure:
Launch weekend is this weekend. Saw an advert on Facebook, so contacted my local dealer. I drove one yesterday. So impressed, I have ordered one. Apparently, they are not officially on sale until the end of the month. The dealer told me their demonstrators are going back to the manufacturer after the weekend.

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
I was also invited and had a test drive this morning...... seems a very good update to the Mk 1 but I am disappointed that rear legroom and boot space appears the same despite the car growing by about 10mm in length and a few inches in width.

Also I note with much disappointment that the bonnet is no longer supported by gas struts, but it's very heavy to lift and you have to manipulate a metal pole in place to support it in the open position. I test drove a petrol 130 EDC and it was notable more eager than my 90 dCi EDC

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was also invited and had a test drive this morning...... seems a very good update to the Mk 1 but I am disappointed that rear legroom and boot space appears the same despite the car growing by about 10mm in length and a few inches in width.

Also I note with much disappointment that the bonnet is no longer supported by gas struts, but it's very heavy to lift and you have to manipulate a metal pole in place to support it in the open position. I test drove a petrol 130 EDC and it was notable more eager than my 90 dCi EDC
Never ceases to amaze me that manufacturers build a car with a large market share being older people then they do stuff like this to save a few pounds! They also have big base speakers in the door which reduces ease of access. Like the older generation are blasting out rap music at full volume! Unfortunately car designers are usually dynamic and young and don't think of these things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts