Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While sat in the sunshine in the garden today reading and watching people walking past I noticed that old people hugely outnumbered youngsters. By old I mean 70+. Loads of them. My 86 year old neighbour went out in her car and returned with two other oldies who sat around a garden table supping tea. Stubborn or just plain stupid?

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
No doubt I'll get shot down as an imbecile here, like I have been elsewhere, for my thoughts but.....

It is immensely frustrating to be stuck indoors and many elderly people need interaction to keep them going on a day-to-day basis. If they are fit and healthy, don't have the virus and are very, very unlikely to come into contact with anyone carrying the virus, they probably judge that they are at no risk at all if they go out and meet others of the same "status".

Maybe they also feel that if they're going to catch it and die, so be it ..... they have had long lives which they have "enjoyed" and are prepared to take a risk that they may die soon if they catch it.

Just saying......

·
Registered
922 Posts
No doubt I'll get shot down as an imbecile here, like I have been elsewhere, for my thoughts but.....

It is immensely frustrating to be stuck indoors and many elderly people need interaction to keep them going on a day-to-day basis. If they are fit and healthy, don't have the virus and are very, very unlikely to come into contact with anyone carrying the virus, they probably judge that they are at no risk at all if they go out and meet others of the same "status".

Maybe they also feel that if they're going to catch it and die, so be it ..... they have had long lives which they have "enjoyed" and are prepared to take a risk that they may die soon if they catch it.

Just saying......

Rubbish ! No one wants to die from this virus. They might look fit and healthy but they could be carriers and pass the virus to other people. ( Very, Very unlikely what a statement )Why don't you accept the health experts, and the governments advice and keep people safe. Baaaaa

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow!! Seemed to have poked a hornets nest with my post. Sorry not my intention,was just saying what I had observed.

·
Super Moderator
2,417 Posts
... and I was just posting what some old folk appear to feel/think !

I'm staying indoors as much as I can

·
Registered
922 Posts
... and I was just posting what some old folk appear to feel/think !

I'm staying indoors as much as I can
W

Well I'm one of them and I don't feel/think like you suppose, yes staying indoors is a very good option. Please keep your feel/thinks to yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts