Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was questioned by a work colleague this afternoon about whether her Captur, on order, has a mechanical handbrake i.e.with a lever between the seats. Fortunately it seems they all have this.

Some friends of her colleague broke down in their month old Clio last Friday (during that horrendous storm) when the electronic (push button) handbrake seized on at a set of traffic lights on a major A route. They had to be pushed off the road and when the AA mechanic arrived his opening comment was "Oh no, not another Renault again". Apparently these electronic brakes are failing regularly and the whole mechanism has then to be released manually, a process which took nearly an hour in the pouring rain, hmmm.

Technology is a wonderful thing.......when it works

·
Registered
924 Posts
I have had two Espaces. They had electronic hand brakes. Over the 6 years I had these cars, I never had a failure. I was most impressed with them. They came on as hard as necessary, and released on pull-away every time.
I must say, I do feel sorry your wife's colleagues; Busy junction andstormy weather is notthe place and time to have such a failure. Things like this NEVER happen on a picnic site on a nice sunny day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts