Renault Captur Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Captur E-Tech PHEV
10 Posts
Had a little oddity today. Walked up to the car and it unlocked as normal, apart from the mirrors unfolding. Lock and unlocked in order for them to unfold properly.

Fitted a set of mudflaps also, very pleased with fit. Managed to avoid taking off the wheels :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
If yours is doing the same thing it might be worth telling Renault to prompt a software update if they get enough enquiries.
I've got the new petrol model for two years to see if I like it before switching to the PHEV as was my intention. Only done 1500 miles due to lockdown but got some pretty impressive mpg on a mixed run. So what mpg are you getting on say a standard journey of mixed motorway and A roads, with a max speed of say 75 mph? is it still quiet at motorway speeds compared to my 1.3 automatic?

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Had a little oddity today. Walked up to the car and it unlocked as normal, apart from the mirrors unfolding. Lock and unlocked in order for them to unfold properly.

Fitted a set of mudflaps also, very pleased with fit. Managed to avoid taking off the wheels :)
Yes mine's done that before, it's a Renaultism :). Have you got a link to the mud flaps you used? I've never had a car that threw so much mud up the side of the car before :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So what mpg are you getting on say a standard journey of mixed motorway and A roads, with a max speed of say 75 mph? is it still quiet at motorway speeds compared to my 1.3 automatic?
The MPG meter only goes up to 100 mpg so I've no idea what it's doing. Only had it 6 weeks so haven't done any long or fast journeys due to lockdown and I've still got just under half a tank of fuel (580 miles) but I will check the mpg when I do eventually put some petrol in it. On a long motorway drive I expect it to be similar to a conventional car for fuel consumption due to the extra weight of the car.

·
Registered
Captur E-Tech PHEV
10 Posts
Hi Switchback
I bought the mudflaps on ebay. Search for item number 254617942803
Still showing price of 19.99 UKL, with 3 left. 2-3 week delivery.
They are a perfect fit for our model. If you get them I can advise on fitting.
Certainly needed the mudflaps, my car is white, and agree that a lot of mud is
thrown up onto the body. Hopefully reduced now.

On mpg, I did a round trip of 160km, and with battery/petrol mix, starting on full charge,
and a 1 hour recharge to 40% on route, I got a consumption of 3.9Ltr/100km

[BTW] I have also done >200km in local short trips, and not used any juice :)

·
Registered
Renault Captur PHEV
7 Posts
I have a question for you guys.... I don't know if I'm in the right place. Do you know where are the jacking points on the car as the manual just states to ask for an expert advice.

·
Registered
Captur E-Tech PHEV
10 Posts
I have a question for you guys.... I don't know if I'm in the right place. Do you know where are the jacking points on the car as the manual just states to ask for an expert advice.
There are faint inverted triangles on the black bottom side shirting which indicate jacking points front and rear. The best jack to use should have a clasp to fit around the weld lip of the floorpan.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
When I had a Zoe they didn't recommend jacking as they were worried about battery damage and the weight of the car. I used a trolley jack carefully positioned.

·
Registered
Renault Captur PHEV
7 Posts
There are faint inverted triangles on the black bottom side shirting which indicate jacking points front and rear. The best jack to use should have a clasp to fit around the weld lip of the floorpan.
Thanks a lot for your quick response :)

·
Registered
Captur E-Tech PHEV
10 Posts
Does the 12V battery only get its charge from the petrol engine running ? If this is the case, it might explain this engine coming on, even when EV Pure was selected initially.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Does the 12V battery only get its charge from the petrol engine running ? If this is the case, it might explain this engine coming on, even when EV Pure was selected initially.
I'm not sure. On my Zoe the 400volt traction battery charged the 12 volt so I would expect the Captur to use the same technology.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I've had my hybrid for 3 months now and have finally put some petrol in it............30 lts was all I could get in but they recommend a top-up after 3 months in case the fuel has started going stale. The fuel economy reading on the dash only goes to 100mpg so I did a calculation and it came out at 121mpg. It will be interesting how much it drops when we are out of lockdown and can do some longer journeys(using the engine more). I did notice that when it was very cold I was only getting around 19 miles from the battery but when it warmed-up to over 10 degrees it rose to 29 miles so close to the claimed 30 by Renault.

·
Super Moderator
2,684 Posts
I just hope that we do soon get out of lockdown...... I was just checking up and apparently in England, non-essential retail will be bale to re-open from the middle of April so hopefully by then, we will be allowed to drive for "non-essential" purposes too. However when they re-open you are supposed to visit "alone" or "in household groups" from what I can see, whatever that may mean

21 - 37 of 37 Posts