Renault Captur Forums banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
2020 S Edition 130 TCe AU EDC in Desert Orange and Black
113 Posts
The Renault claim is "80% of urban journeys on battery power alone". I am not sure if it is still true but it used to be the case the great majority of urban journeys were under two miles (explaining why ~70% of accidents occurred within 2 miles of the drivers home). I suspect that journey distances have extended a bit over time but across Europe as a whole I guess your estimated 2 mile endurance might be enough to justify that claim.

I am not sure how the two hybrid versions compare (the RAC rate the new E-Tech as more useable and potentially as frugal as the plug-in) but for Renault the key thing will be that it now has Capture and Arkana models that directly compare to the well regarded Toyota CHR hybrid.

The UK legislation to end sale of new ICE cars from 2030 also includes hybrids, so these must be an interim step towards fully electric models and in that context the plug in must be the more relevant longer term.

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
It annoys me when they won't just quote the figures. My plug-in averages around 115 mpg and I have achieved 149mpg on one tank full(1200+ miles). A self charging would probably do around 70 mpg. The Renault plug-in is vastly superior to anything from Toyota/Lexus.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well after ordering my Capture rs line Oasis grey on 10th Sept i was searching around to see if i could find the delivery/waiting time , no luck , my own dealer also has no real idea of when it will be delivered ...just a waiting game !!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
2021, Captur Launch, PHEV
39 Posts

Brilliant. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm very pleased with mine so far but as the MPG display only goes up to 99.9 I won't know what it is really doing until I finally have to put some petrol in it. The only issue I have that Renault are looking into is that from a cold start and driving in electric mode the petrol engine is starting when the electric motor changes gear at 45 mph regardless of throttle position. It is fine after that first gear change and remains in EV mode as it should. Have you got this issue as well?
Yep have something similar. Car switches to my sense and will not go back to EV. then after a while I can switch to EV

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone had an issue where car wont charge. Wont start. Cant get out the charging cable. Yellow triangle on dash. App cant get a response from car either. Tried launching the charge from app but it says it takes too long to respond

61 - 80 of 103 Posts