Renault Captur Forums banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
@Switchback - if you get time any chance you could do an in depth review of your experiences so far. I am tempted to change up my 18 month old (0%PCP) 1.4TCE Auto S addition for one of the hybrids. Because of the lockdown I've only done £5500 miles and have very good equity and they are desperate for immaculate used ones. Plus good deals on the hybrids and my monthly payments would probably be a fair bit less!.
My main question is how annoying is the artificial engine noise and can it be turned off? One of the brilliant things about my wife's Yaris Hybrid is the silence (maybe not so good for pedestrians!) and as a keen bird watcher it makes a great mobile hide. Other thing is there are a lot of pot holes round here and I've read it is much harsher than my standard Captur - or is that just a reviewers thing in your opinion. I was considering the Toyota Yaris Cross which is very similar in some ways to the non-plugin hybrid Captur but at the moment it is way dearer spec for spec and no deals.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Delivery times ..ok here is the answer to the delivery time for my Captur RS Line Hybrid Oasis Grey , car has been built and left the factory, ordered on 10th August 2021 and according to the dealer will be here in th UK at the dealers between 7th -10th November , and car will be as ordered !!....wait and see

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
@Switchback -
My main question is how annoying is the artificial engine noise and can it be turned off? One of the brilliant things about my wife's Yaris Hybrid is the silence (maybe not so good for pedestrians!) and as a keen bird watcher it makes a great mobile hide. Other thing is there are a lot of pot holes round here and I've read it is much harsher than my standard Captur - or is that just a reviewers thing in your opinion.
You get used to the artificial noise, it stops at around 18mph and I think it quietens as you get down to walking pace. You can't turn it off like you could in the older EV's as it 's now a legal requirement. I purposely got mine with the 17" wheels to get a better ride but I think they come with 18" as standard now. Although the 17's give a better ride there's no doubt that the handling/grip suffers when you are pressing-on a bit. You will need to test drive one to find out but I didn't think the 18" wheeled demo car I used was any worse than other cars I've owned.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It looks like blind spot monitoring is an option only. Poor, because not only is it the best modern safety innovation most other cars have it as standard now. e.g Toyota Yaris Cross, all levels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My PHEV is fully loaded with blind spot monitor and lane monitor. I thought that was standard on the Hybrid models. In set up you can select silent mode it seems to turn off the sound, the artificial noise is internal only as far as I can tell as many people that I've passed say they didn't hear the car moving at all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Other thing is there are a lot of pot holes round here and I've read it is much harsher than my standard Captu
I don't know about other Capturs, but my etech is terrible on potholes: it's like sitting in a stagecoach!
Additionally, the SW is very crappy also on this topic, hence at each pothole the Captur accelerates for no reasons: it accelerates one wheel if you go in a pothole with one wheel. It accelerates with both wheels if pothole is as large as the road (!). But it also accelerates one wheel if you abruptly steer to avoid the pothole+
It's an embarassing car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
My PHEV is fully loaded with blind spot monitor and lane monitor. I thought that was standard on the Hybrid models. In set up you can select silent mode it seems to turn off the sound, the artificial noise is internal only as far as I can tell as many people that I've passed say they didn't hear the car moving at all.
Silent mode is for the locking/unlocking of the car, not the artificial noise.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So, here is an update on new Renault's as of yesterday according to my dealer. There is a wait of at least 5-6 months on a factory build. In fact they don't really know. Because of the chip shortage there are tech downgrades. None of them have blind spot monitoring, not even as an option. S-Line no longer have the larger screen, including hybrids. Only R-S line. No cars will come with electric folding door mirrors, but he said the dealers can do this. The blind spot is particularly annoying as I have deteriorating peripheral vision and there is definitely a large blind spot in the wing mirror.
On the positive side they are desperate for my 5500 mile auto because they can sell it tomorrow several times over. This means that it has about a £3K equity over what it should have had after 15 months on a 0% 2 year plan! Furthermore as well as the £1250 Renault contribution the dealer can give me a £500 loyalty discount and a further 1% sliced off their 5% margin. So if I don't mind waiting for six months ( and I didn't plan changing till then) and I can get an RS-line Etech hybrid on 2 years 0% for £60 a month less than I am currently paying for my S-Line petrol with the deposit funded by my equity. The drawbacks are:- The P/X or used sale value could fall disproportionately although that looks unlikely in six months, I will be forced to have 18" wheels instead of 17" (why oh why do they do that - don't they test drive on UK roads!) and some drop in tech levels. They don't have an E-tech for me to test drive as the only one is lent to a customer whose car is stuck in the UK docks waiting to find a haulage company with a driver to take his new car to the dealership! They have said I can cancel the order or change it at any time in the next few moths so I will probably go for it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
So, here is an update on new Renault's as of yesterday according to my dealer. There is a wait of at least 5-6 months on a factory build. In fact they don't really know. Because of the chip shortage there are tech downgrades. None of them have blind spot monitoring, not even as an option. S-Line no longer have the larger screen, including hybrids. Only R-S line. No cars will come with electric folding door mirrors, but he said the dealers can do this. The blind spot is particularly annoying as I have deteriorating peripheral vision and there is definitely a large blind spot in the wing mirror.
On the positive side they are desperate for my 5500 mile auto because they can sell it tomorrow several times over. This means that it has about a £3K equity over what it should have had after 15 months on a 0% 2 year plan! Furthermore as well as the £1250 Renault contribution the dealer can give me a £500 loyalty discount and a further 1% sliced off their 5% margin. So if I don't mind waiting for six months ( and I didn't plan changing till then) and I can get an RS-line Etech hybrid on 2 years 0% for £60 a month less than I am currently paying for my S-Line petrol with the deposit funded by my equity. The drawbacks are:- The P/X or used sale value could fall disproportionately although that looks unlikely in six months, I will be forced to have 18" wheels instead of 17" (why oh why do they do that - don't they test drive on UK roads!) and some drop in tech levels. They don't have an E-tech for me to test drive as the only one is lent to a customer whose car is stuck in the UK docks waiting to find a haulage company with a driver to take his new car to the dealership! They have said I can cancel the order or change it at any time in the next few moths so I will probably go for it.

Well now , my RS Line e-tech should be here within the next week , and as it was ordered on 10th August , it should have all installed , if not i shall be rejecting it and asking for my deposit back ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Silent mode is for the locking/unlocking of the car, not the artificial noise.
I going to sound stupid but what does the artificial noise sound like then, I'm thinking that mine isn't working as mine is silent, does it use the same speaker as the locking beep because mine on locking only beeps 50 percent of the time.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
I going to sound stupid but what does the artificial noise sound like then, I'm thinking that mine isn't working as mine is silent, does it use the same speaker as the locking beep because mine on locking only beeps 50 percent of the time.
It's a sort of humming noise.....No Idea where it's emitted from though.

·
Registered
2020 S-Edition TCE130 Manual
130 Posts
I would have thought that one could choose between silent and artificial noise somewhere in settings. Just a thought.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well now , my RS Line e-tech should be here within the next week , and as it was ordered on 10th August , it should have all installed , if not i shall be rejecting it and asking for my deposit back ...
I guess if it was on the spec in August they would have still been installing it. But the salesman looked for me and it's not even an option (bsm) although it was on "build your own" on the website.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’d be interested to hear if you have the car, or an update? I ordered mine first week of September with delivery expected mid-end November so would be good to compare

81 - 100 of 103 Posts