Renault Captur Forums banner
121 - 140 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
So are it is the proof as to how good the Captur e-tech hybrid is on fuel economy , if you look at the photo you can see that since last fill up I have done 128 miles , 69.5 miles in electric and 58.5 in petrol mode ( PS. Total distance 128.9 miles minus 69.5 miles in electric leaves 58.5 in petrol mode ) , these figures were never achieved in my previous hybrid car , which was not a Renault !!...as to the average speed , well I very seldom go over 60 mph and stick rigidly to the national speed limits ,I would strongly recommend this Renault Captur e-tech hybrid RS Line , brill car !!
Communication Device Gadget Font Audio equipment Portable communications device

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got a date of March 11th for mine. Could change of course but doubt it will come sooner.
When I ordered in September, 8 November was suggested. Last Saturday (18/12) I got confirmation it was at the import centre and the dealer expects it within a couple of weeks. I’m hoping for mid-January.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Captur folding mirrors ??...has anybody here who has recently like myself taken delivery of the e-tech hybrid got folding door mirrors or are awaiting them to be sorted ...I am still waiting for mine to be fixed !

·
Registered
3 Posts
So had our E-Tech PHEV for around 3 months now, and fuel consumption seems to have settled at around 76 mpg. TBH i was expecting quite a lot more certainly near 100. I have a home Hypervault charger and at home the car is permenently plugged in, I live near bridlington, and whenever i can i use the free chargers at Tescos at Scarborough, Driffield and Bridlington. In fact we have changed our car use quite significanlty, to try and maximise electric use. Currently we are getting around 18 to 23 miles per full charge. The thing is we dont just use it for short local trips, but also runs across to the lakes and northumberland, so the ice kicks in once the battery is down to around 17%, i have even reduced my general cruising speed to less than 65, on motorways etc and overtake much less than in my ice captur. So i dont see what else i can do. I appreciate that some of you may think 76mpg is ok, but dont forget that to acheive that i am putting around 35 kw a week into it at home at 21p a kw, cant have a smart meter so no cheap rates.
Just putting it out there to see waht others think

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
That sounds about right to me for those types of journeys. I've had anything between 60 mpg with no plugging in to 150mpg for local use. It seems to average 115 mpg overall for a mix of local use on the battery plus a 60 mile round trip per week and a couple of 30 mile round trips. Do you use E-Nav on the longer trips?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have had the PHEV since end of Sept and getting well over 100MPG. 80+% EV use, charge via Hypervault at home on Octopus energy at 5p per KWH. This car is perfect if most of your journeys are local. I bought as a stepping stone to full electric and honestly still not convinced by the external charging network, so will stick with PHEV for another year. most public chargers I have used are 7KWH and even 3 pin plug and still not enough around. Car has been great so far, no issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for your inputs. suppose i should be content, my previous captur 900cc ice averaged around 42mpg, and to be fair it was the cost per mile that i was trying to reduce and i seem to have achieved that. Roll on summer, then our solar panels should do the biz, via the hypervault, and warmer battery will give more miles. Pleased with the car though despite its french idiosyncrasies

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another query regarding the PHEV, has anyone worked out an easy way to turn off the electric handbrake, when quitting the car, still in park of course like a conventional auto box. I have issues with electric handbrakes, releasing when the car has been stood for a while especially in wet weather outside the house. I have worked out a way to defeat the ebrake, but its a phaff, as one has to turn the car off, then wait around 20 seconds, turn it back on and sit and wait unitl it autmatically goes into standby, then move the gear selector, foor on brake, then depress the ebrake switch and the brake releases, but remains in park, so doesnt go anywhere. As i said a phaff, there has to be an easier way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One of the things I have found to be extremely handy is the electric handbrake , stop the car via the button , handbrake comes on immediate, get out of the car , walk away as the car locks itself ...brilliant !!

·
Registered
96 Posts
One of the things I have found to be extremely handy is the electric handbrake , stop the car via the button , handbrake comes on immediate, get out of the car , walk away as the car locks itself ...brilliant !!
An ever more "brilliant" thing is that if you forget windows open, the car self locks... but windows remain open (although the car IS able to self-close them).
Not to mention the fact that if you forget the car switched on and you get away, it remains on, regardless if the key is 1km away from the car.
A very clever car.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ah yes..and no !!...if windows are down from leaving car, press the lock button , hold it down and windows go up...and I always make sure the car is switched off as seen on the display ...and yes caught out a few times with car left on ....just a learning curve I suppose !!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
.and I always make sure the car is switched off as seen on the display ...and yes caught out a few times with car left on ....just a learning curve I suppose !!!
I do wonder if this was the cause of my car being completely dead on two occasions requiring an RAC jump start. I also now check that the screen is off when locking and leaving the car.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
this is why I said the car IS able to self-close the windows, but it does not do it unless commanded.
It's probably so you can lock the car but leave the windows partly open for ventilation purposes.

·
Registered
34 Posts
On parking the car yesterday without switching off the engine , I opened the drivers door and a yellow warning with an alarm noise came up on the dashboard that the engine was still active , so switched off and away I went , it may only come up when the drivers door is opened, hope his info helps others here !!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
On parking the car yesterday without switching off the engine , I opened the drivers door and a yellow warning with an alarm noise came up on the dashboard that the engine was still active , so switched off and away I went , it may only come up when the drivers door is opened, hope his info helps others here !!
This is normal so I'm not sure how I might have missed it in the past, perhaps rushing around too much. It would be better if the dash display changed when you turned off the ignition but it stays the same and only disappears when you open the door.

121 - 140 of 147 Posts