Renault Captur Forums banner
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Captur folding mirrors ??...has anybody here who has recently like myself taken delivery of the e-tech hybrid got folding door mirrors or are awaiting them to be sorted ...I am still waiting for mine to be fixed !
Received letter from Renault today suggesting this won’t be working due to the chip problem. Also suggested the component may not be available until end 2022! FAQs says an update due in March (just in case this is more recent than any communication you have).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ah yes , yet the specs on their website state that the car has folding mirrors , I have already raised this in an e-mail to Renault UK , they in urn have risen it with my dealer , if the problem is not sorted by end of March I think I will be looking for some sort of compensation , wonder how much folding mirrors as an option would have been ???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pre heat, charging, battery status, servicing, vehicle spec, navigation.
So, took delivery of my car yesterday (full hybrid rs line). Hadn’t been particularly interested in the My Renault app as couldn’t find details anywhere for what it did that would be useful. Then remembered this message and, with current weather, thought I’d try the pre-heat, could find no trace of details of this on the app or any connected services other than that they were active. So, went to the advisors to ask what I was missing/how to set up. I was told this was only available for fully electric cars, not hybrids. I then suggested that I knew somebody with PHEV and would check. As I sent this message another reply came in listing the things you could do, they came back with some specific PHEV features! They also said the features I was stating were options that needed to be included in the original order and could not be added retrospectively! Not impressed, nothing mentioned when car ordered and nothing mentioned online. Just got standard apology.
Don’t expect anything to be done but shall mention to dealer, particularly as they encouraged me to install the app and sync with car. Just thought I’d add this for anybody with a car on order, you might want to see if options can still be added; or if considering getting a new one, think of this too!

·
Registered
2020 E:TECH Hybrid
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Have you checked to see if pre-heat is an option? I wouldn't have thought the battery was big enough to sustain it on a full hybrid.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have you checked to see if pre-heat is an option? I wouldn't have thought the battery was big enough to sustain it on a full hybrid.

What you can do with the app is find location of your car , send a location to the cars sat nav for when you get into the car , see the available miles left and the total milage and see the car specs and that is it !!...turning on the lights from the key is useful :unsure:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Frankly this stinks. I'm thinking of cancelling my order. Blind spot monitoring and folding door mirrors are important items for me. I knew I might have to live without the blind spot monitoring but the folding door mirrors were standard. It's a bloody RS line, top of the range. I've got both of those on my existing Captur which is just an S-line. If they can't get the chips it's their problem not the customers. I'm not prepared to pay for something I haven't got and legally in the UK I think I would be on sound ground.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts