Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings; was pointed here by someone on the Renault forums (UK).
I've had a Scenic dTi since 1998 when I bought it new (passed over to the wife to drive in 2003) and due to the onset of rust around both rear wheel arches, plus the vehicle approaching 90,000 miles felt it was time for a change. Like to have something a bit different, so test drove the Captur based largely on Renault UK's adverts for cheap finance and low monthly payments.
To cut a long story short, autos are excluded from the deal and I now have a Captur on order, but the wait is 20 weeks!!! I'd expect that from a Porsche, top M-B or BMW, but from Renault? I had to wait long enough for the Scenis in 1998, haven't Renault done anything to improved delivery delays in 16 years?
So, roll on late July ! Captur dCi EDC MediaNav in Tahoe blue with white roof, protection pack (parking sensors F&R and alarm) and space-saver spare. I've taken out finance to pay for it (I'll be 6 payments in before it even arrives!) and at a significant saving on list price.

How long are others waiting for a factory order?

·
Super Moderator
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but 8 weeks would be a more acceptable wait. I worked for an automotive supplier in the late 1990's, and the car manufacturers' aim at that time was the "14 day car" - no more than 14 days from customer ordering to taking delivery. So long as the Captur arrives before the Scenic needs its annual service, MoT and tax disc in August, I'll be OK ! That little lot will cost me the equivalent of at least 2 monthly instalments on the loan for the Captur

·
Registered
215 Posts
hi and welcome ,,,,, i was the guilty party that gave you the link
hope you enjoy the forum , still very much in its infancy but growing both in members and info on a daily basis
i ordered mid February and have a collection date given as the 20th of march for our oyster grey/black dynamique medianav dci

·
Registered
168 Posts
They must be slipping on RF, they didn't used to like links to other forums ;)

I guess it depends on what you want. My wife wanted a Dynamique S in Arizona with a black roof. We went to the dealer last Saturday and collected it today :)

·
Registered
306 Posts
You've obviously got great taste IvorE as the Tahoe Blue is the best!!
Regarding the long wait.... A mate of my father in laws has just waited over a year for his new Cayman so 20 weeks may not be soo bad..... It'll be worth it

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
A very popular demonstrator colour...I would say with plenty of them around!!
IvorETower in your case I think the specification with the front and back parking sensors, R link and the colours chosen will be what is slowing it down

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi IvorETower Ordered mine on 28th January and was told delivery in May. Four weeks later dealer phoned and said itwould now go into production on 18th March and I could expect delivery to dealer within three weeks. Dealer phoned yesterday and now says he expects delivery on or possibly justbefore 29th April. Just need patience and still guessing it could still be May after all.

·
Super Moderator
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Georgiegirl said:
Take out finance from the dealer and then nothing payable until the car arrives!

Dealers around me wanted full list price, quoted about 16-20 weeks for delivery and I'd be using Renault UK's finance package at about 8%.

I've got myself a discount so large that I've been asked not to reveal exactly what I'm paying, plus a loan from Sainsbury's Bank at 4.something %.

I will be paying about the same per month as if I'd taken out RUK's finance, the difference being that at the end of 4 years the car will be mine, and I won't have to pay a "balloon" payment of about 5 grand to own it !

The only thin g it looks like I may miss out on is the £299 package for 4 years servicing (does this include the service at the end of the 4th year?) although once I know who the supplying dealer is, I will contact them to ask (and no, I've not bought the car over the internet and it will be a genuine UK-supplied vehicle)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Buying through a broker?

Surprised by your no discount message. There is a STANDARD £1500 discount on at the moment from Renault UK available on ALL Capturs. You don't even have to ask for it.

We have taken 4 years at 0% using the 50% down method so no balloon payment either. Our part-ex represents the 50% down payment.

The £299 for 4 years servicing is for all cars NOT bought with a PCP where it is free so we are getting the £299 offer but you need to realise that the car only requires a service every two years so it's actually only for two services at the end of years 2 and 4.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well, we don't have the car yet but the dealer was the one who told me it required a service every 2 years and it's a petrol model we have ordered.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tyrfelin said:
Hard to believe such an offer - sorry!!!
I sort of know IvoryETower (hi Chris) and he has got himself what is frankly the deal of the decade!

At least your car will be paid off sooner, Chris!

Once you find the supplying dealer then get the £299 service package added to it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Frank Bullitt said:
Tyrfelin said:
I sort of know IvoryETower (hi Chris) and he has got himself what is frankly the deal of the decade!

Once you find the supplying dealer then get the £299 service package added to it.

I thought he could not divulge his deal
I have never divulged our deal but lets say Thanks to PerusalI got the Romance deal as well just before I signed...so defo worth reading this forum
Edited by: helart

·
Registered
72 Posts
helart said:
Frank Bullitt said:
Tyrfelin said:

I thought he could not divulge his deal
I have never divulged our deal but lets say Thanks to PerusalI got the Romance deal as well just before I signed...so defo worth reading this forum

Not openly, no

1 - 19 of 19 Posts