Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The loonacy has arrived in this part of the country over the weekend.

Shelf's partly empty in some supermarkets, after I praised local people for being restrained.

I know that the center of the universe london is full of mad people but up here?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Rush on baking parchment? Rice,pasta,freezer bags and Yorkshire tea on my last visit to supermarket. Empty shelves where those products should be. My mind is properly boggled.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Absoulte morons up in Scotland
Panic buying pasta, bog rolls, long life milk, eggs???? flour.
It,s a feckin joke and people actually believe the hype from the so called no alls in government on TV, radio.
BJ says one thing in London while up here Wee Burly up here says something different!!
What to do what to do
I use hand sanitiser at my work for years and use on daily basis but cannot buy any up here locally for the past 2 weeks.
People actually been fighting in the aisles over stuff.
Work places not folowing basic prevention, washing hands, apply hand sanitiser when you arrive etc
Over what a flu like symptom.
Yes I know people gace succumbed to this which is sad but needs to be put in perspective.
Rant over
cheers
Kootzee

·
Registered
375 Posts
Bread sticks!!!crackers and crispbreads,tinned veg,eggs,honey?bleach,cereals and lord knows what else has been scooped up by the locusts leaving empty shelves in the Aldi and Sainsburys I have just been to.

·
Registered
79 Posts
No real panic where I am. Probably something to do with armed police at the larger supermarkets. Only a shortage of hand sanitizer for some reason. Made my own with isopropyl alcohol (from chemist or hardware store) and Aloe Vera or gelatine. Just make sure the alcohol level after mixing is over 60%.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Has everyone gone insane???? Just got back from Sainsburys and Morrisons,rows of empty shelves,chillers and freezers. Speaking of freezers,had sales of said item rocketed recently? The amount of fresh produce people are hoarding needs to go somewhere.
Only good thing to come out of this madness is I'm saving money and losing weight.

·
Registered
375 Posts
£15.99p for 80 Yorkshire tea bags on Amazon. So much for them putting a stop tp profiteering. Mind you,if you're daft enough to pay that......

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
Waited in all day for my home delivery from Tesco - no food on it, no meat or tinned stuff just yogurts and milk and break. Guess I'll be living off yogurt sandwiches until I die.
Called in at the supermarkets on my way home from work yesterday (sent home to work for home for the foreseeable future) and all food shelves were empty at 11:30am in 3 different large supermarkets. The world has gone mad, and worse of all, the government does not seem to care

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guess I'll be living off yogurt sandwiches until I die.
the government does not seem to care
It‘s bad this food situation I must admit!
No one is seeing the upside less type two diabetes, more room on airline seats

Ha ha ha!

Lets hope it all changes very soon

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guess I'll be living off yogurt sandwiches until I die.
the government does not seem to care
It‘s bad this food situation I must admit!
No one is seeing the upside less type two diabetes, more room on airline seats

Ha ha ha!

Lets hope it all changes very soon

·
Registered
375 Posts
Dick,I'm just shocked by the appalling behaviour of people,by the supermarkets who do nothing to prevent the lunacy. I know they are rubbing their hands because of increased sales/profits but do they have no sense of decency?
As someone(can't recall who it was)once said "The more I learn about the human race the more I prefer the company of my dog". I'm with them on that.
Where's my car gone?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Went to Asda this morning at 7•45 am for bread and eggs. Thought being early it would be quiet and safe. FAT CHANCE!! It was like the Christmas rush. Couldn't stay 2 feet away from others never mind the recommended 6 feet. The checkouts were taking stuff off customers who were panic buying multiples of everything. If this carries on God help us

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The local chemist had everyone queuing outside yesterday two foot apart
and they were closing for a three hour lunch time break

Just tried Astro turf fritters givern no food a supermarkets

The loonacy continues

·
Super Moderator
2,378 Posts
By Saturday afternoon, the supermarkets near me were almost stripped bare of everything again, including no bread, no eggs and almost no fresh fruit/veg

·
Registered
375 Posts
So,it was Mark Twain. I heard the quote(misquote)on the radio some time ago. Still agree with the sentiment.
Sainsburys,four of the same item(with exceptions on toilet roll and a few other things). Forty people go in,four packs of chicken,minced beef or whatever each. Empty chiller. Why not ONE of each then 160 people can have some? The supermarkets couldn't give a f*ck who buys it so long as it's sold. As for the hoarders,I hope the power goes off and the ridiculous amount of food you have stashed in your freezers goes off and rats chew up and piss on your dry goods. Then you'll know how decent people are struggling.
My stepson and his partner,two year old toddler,another baby due in a few weeks are struggling to buy enough food and cannot buy any nappies,wipes etc for the newborn when it arrives. They have had to order delivered food boxes so they can at least eat properly a couple of times a week. Been trying to get a few things for vulnerable people we know,can't even get bloody milk.
BJ and his daily waffle,sorry update and the newspapers don't help matters telling people this will probably go on for twelve to eighteen months ffs. An average of 17,000 people die every winter from flu in this country,not seen the bullsh*t,sensationalist headlines over the years that's been happening.
Should have closed our borders to foreigners and isolated returning Brits weeks ago.
Rant over. Stay well..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts