Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The panic has begun here in Wales!

The prime minister has just opened the flood gates basically saying you can start to
travel again as long as you distance yourself.

Wales is closed and travel is restricted to local shopping and garden centers again local.

The police will be out in force fining as many as they can, how they are going to stop
hundreds of cars coming into Wales I don’t know.

Fun times ahead both in Wales and Scotland

·
Registered
426 Posts
I listened to his waffle on the radio,was expecting him to say that the lockdown was working and that it would be extended for another two weeks when it would be reviewed again. But no,instead they basically lifted it,and,in a single sentence undid the good that has been done over the last six? weeks. WTF is wrong with this Goverment? I hope the Welsh and Scottish Goverments put road blocks on every road into their countries to protect their people from the actions of fools inspired by the colossal morons in power in England.
I am often gobsmacked by the stupidity of people but this latest act by Boris will take some beating. FFS WHY DID HE DO IT?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have worked out that I can drive a very few miles then walk three miles and across the border
to England hire a car, and have fish and chips in the lake district return the same day
with the coronavirus in tow all before nine o'clock at night under the new instructions.

How foolish, the new government instructions WILL KILL

·
Registered
926 Posts
Heard on BBC this morning Golf now permitted if you stay apart , does this mean Angling is permitted also? Yes agree we should still be locked down for at least another 2 weekss

·
Registered
426 Posts
Housta,Angling permitted from Wednesday. Won't be rushing out to local pool,much as I would like to go I reckon there will be too many people there. Rivers open again in a few weeks,I think I'll wait. Not really a fan of Stillwater angling,only do it when rivers are not fishable.
Dickr,you are right,new instructions will cause more deaths. Nearly 4000 new cases yesterday despite the lockdown precautions.

·
Registered
426 Posts
No quarantine required for people travelling from France to the UK. Really? Why not? Covid19 spread by a French person is still going to kill British people.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Everyone I have messaged,what's apped or spoken to today has said the same thing. The Goverment have got it wrong easing lockdown. The disease is still rife and it is not safe. A friend told me his niece,who is asthmatic,was phoned by her doctor who told her NOT to go out until the end of June at the earliest. I think Boris and co should heed advice from people who will tell them the truth not what they want to hear. Interestingly,far less traffic and walkers about today than there was on Saturday. Maybe the colder weather will save a few lives.
STAY HOME,it wasn't safe yesterday,it won't be safe tomorrow. Nothing has changed despite the bullsh*t from the clowns in charge.

·
Super Moderator
2,424 Posts
So, at what point do you start easing lockdown?

In theory we have all had it or come into contact with someone who has had it, bu now. So either we are immune (asymptomatic?) or have been ill with it. There is still no sign of an effective vaccine, and surely at some point we have to start trying to get people back to work in all walks of life.... there is a risk associated with everything we do, and we can't all go on hiding in our own houses for ever because that is the only sure-fire way of avoiding becoming ill

·
Registered
426 Posts
The number of reported new case has remained pretty consistent which makes me think,I'm no expert but common sense prevails,that nothing has changed. I know they are testing more people but nearly 30,000 new cases a week is a lot. The number of deaths may be falling,maybe that is something to do with there being a lot less extremely vulnerable old and ill people around.
I agree,everything we do has risks,I rode motorcycles for forty plus years without mishap because I always assumed every vehicle on the road was driven by someone who couldn't see me or wanted to kill me. I rode fast when it was safe( if illegal) to do so but I was looking for hazards at all times. Caution and vigilance kept me shiney side up,caution should be exercised by the Goverment and English public now. Wales and Scotland seem to agree.
Another two weeks of lockdown would probably show if we were really over the peak and new case numbers were falling. As the old saying goes "better safe than sorry".

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It seems that Wales are pushing for people to use public transport with social distancing .

It’s crackers to put people at risk in favour of the environmentalists agender.

Until a vaccine or taking some tablets to combat the virus is available then this policy is loonacy.

The rest of England is asking people to avoid public transport.

How many people do the welsh government need to become ill

·
Super Moderator
2,424 Posts
Latest I saw earlier today is that we are unlikely to have an effective vaccine for 18 months. I don't think we can practice the current social distancing on public transport that long, it wouldn't be economically viable for one thing

·
Registered
426 Posts
Too much conflicting advice being put out,Wales,continued lockdown,good. Use public transport,not good. England,easing of lockdown,not good. Don't use public transport,good. England,if you go to work use your car,sensible. Or better still(Goverments words) walk to work. Really? And come into contact with loads more people? Or cycle,again,really? So you can puff and pant,spit and snot your way past people while not observing social distancing. Not a great idea.
It appears that people in this area have taken the easing of lockdown,particularly the travel where you want quite literally. They all seem to want to travel as close as they can to everyone they see if my trip to Sainsburys yesterday is anything to go by. Social distancing? My arse!!!

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I hate to be on the gloomy side. BUT . I wouldn't be at all surprised if the virus has a second wave this winter. If it mutates with the normal winter flu Corona virus or the measles Corona virus then we are in deep trouble. The economy will completely collapse and we more than likely will not be able to import enough food for a population of 66million.
Just a thought :)

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It’s looking like the second wave here in north Wales, the daily figures are really going up.

As for your views on the imports of food in the future, the eu will be delivering it to us with a smile
their economy will be on the brink even worse than ours.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
We would have to put all our navy warships in the channel and stop the EU trawlers from plundering. Then we would at least have plenty of fish. As a bonus from doing this we could stop a lot more illegal immigrants from entering our 8mile limit. 😋

1 - 20 of 23 Posts