Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They keep on talking about the environment I wonder!

Will cars be kept off the roads by charging per mile?

Will diesels be removed in the next five or so years?

·
Registered
426 Posts
They will find some way to hammer the public when this is over. Give us all the bull about how it is for our own good,how we (a tiny little speck on the Earth) have to make sacrifices to save the planet. While they suck up to the most polluting nation on Earth and do trade deals with them. A country with an horrendous human rights record that is the source of the peril the world is facing right now because of their disgusting hygiene(lack of)practices and need to eat every imaginable type of sh*t that walks,crawls or swims.
They will sit around patting themselves on the back,bathing in self glory whilst telling us how it was the Goverment that saved the nation. Quickly forgetting the sacrifices the public have made and they will still underfund the NHS,underpay the heroic doctors and nurses. The lack of PPE will not be their fault,same with the failure to close the borders. They will still slash the budgets of the Police,Fire service,Ambulance service and councils to recover some of the money they have had to spend during this pandemic. And we as a nation,will bend over and take it,as usual.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Regarding PPE I know the government gets the blame for the lack of, but The said Gov have thrown an open cheque to the NHS so surely it should have been up to them to order what they want. Or am I misinformed ?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Didn't said Goverment turn down the offer of many,many British firms to make PPE's? Instead they bought huge amounts(probably found them on fleabay) from Turkey much of which has turned out to be unusable.
I doubt very much that,due to massive cuts to NHS funding,that they had the funds to stockpile PPE's. All very well chucking money at them now but horse,stable door and bolted springs to mind.

·
Registered
926 Posts
True what you say Baldy, but my point is if the government gave them money whether sooner or later , why are the NHS not ordering the gear themselves from each hospital. Or why are the government ordering when they have given the money to the N|HS, Hope this makes sence.

·
Registered
426 Posts
The Goverment,very publicly on tv,announced that they had sourced more than enough PPE for the NHS. Turns out it was no good. If they have chucked loads of money at the NHS,where are they supposed to buy said equipment? There is a worldwide shortage and prices have rocketed,heard on the radio the other day that body bags that were previously £3-£5 each are now £65!!!! Add to that the Goverments refusal to engage companies in the UK to make said equipment,looks like the NHS are being passed the buck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
At a time gone by GB was able to produce what we required our self not hope to get it from CHINA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts