Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Things to check when using your car again

Tyres , battery , brakes ,oil, and fluids and check for blocked vents near the grill at the bottom of the wind screen are things to check when you are about to use the car again

I would also suggest that if you are taking it for a longer run then treat it as if you were
running it in, if not you could cause oil leaks etc.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
As well as doing the stuff mentioned above, I intend to do a motorway run of about 10 miles each way to thoroughly clear the DPF on my dci90 before I even think about going any real distance. This enforced laying up of the car didn't do it any favours so I'm a bit wary of going too far for a start

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have noticed as one of our members have said you will find that the car feel a little bumpy for a few miles
it's the tyres, they need to be run to even themselves out again.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuel Degradation In Storage

Some drivers may not know that fuel has a shelf life.

If your car is not used for some time then this process may well affect you.

When you start using the car again try to use most of the fuel in the tank before topping up

Here’s an article that may be of interest

·
Registered
426 Posts
New,as in fresh off the production line,cars are often stored for months in compounds(fields) before being sold to customers with fuel in the tanks and tyres on the ground with no ill effects. I used to park my motorcycle up with fuel in the tank,tyres on the ground,in October,when they started salting the roads round here,and not get it out again until mid April when the roads were clean again. Never had a problem with fuelling or bumpity bump tyres.
Surely it would be better,if you are concerned about your fuel being stale,to whack a load of new fuel in to "freshen" it up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts