Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Thanks for letting me join the group.

I'm thinking of buying a Captur, I had one as a hire car for a week about 2-3 years ago and enjoyed driving it, though I've not had a chance to do a test drive now because of lockdown, but thinking of buying click-and-collect. Probably a 2016/2017 110bhp diesel as I do a lot of out-of-town miles.

I remember it had poor rear visibility, and as I have to do a lot of parallel parking I'd like to ask how easy is it to park? I'm thinking that at least I'd want the rear parking sensors, and am tempted to go for the Signature trim as it has the camera, but I don't particularly like the leather seats - especially on a long journey on a hot day!

How do you find ease of parking / reversing?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,725 Posts
Personally I love leather seats and wish my Captur had them.
Reversing.... I had the optional front and rear sensors fitted to mine when I ordered it (no camera, just the sensors). IMHO they are invaluable. The rear 3/4 vision is pretty bad due to the thickness of the rear pillars and the rising line of the bottom of the rearmost side windows, but I still find the Captur easy to reverse-park (I have stick-on convex mirrors on the door mirrors and I tend to use the mirrors for reversing anyway rather than turning round and looking through the rear window)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's helpful.

What sort of things should I lookout for when buying a used Captur? Any model-specific issues?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Apart from the visibility issues (front is not great either) check that is gives you enough storage space. For me lack of storage and boot space (plus crappy SatNav) are my only complaints. Easy enough to park for me. I can't turn round either but the mirrors and reverse sensors are good enough for me. The 110 diesel will be fine. Even the 90 is good. Check that all the instruments, computer and stop-start work. If the car is more than 4 or 5 yrs old get them to put a new battery in. One or two owners have reported corrosion under rear hatch. Check for damp in footwells and boot. If all clear, should be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I was worried about parking. I'm meaning being able to parallel-park in a gap in a line of cars at the side of the street, rather than in a car park space like at the supermarket. My current car is quite long but good rear visibility, so on-street parking is easy, but I'm not sure about the Captur for this, and wondered whether I should look for a model with the parking camera.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If you're good at parallel parking this shouldn't present a problem, especially with the rear parking sensors

1 - 6 of 6 Posts