Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have a 110 diesel and it's a good engine. You need to have a proper test drive in both,not just round the block but a good 30 plus mile,all road type test drive and see which you prefer. Also,as they say on the BBC,other brands are available,look around. Renault dealers and customers services truly would test the patience of a saint. Worst brand representatives I have ever dealt with.

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
The 90 appears to be a smoother engine... I think the torque figures for both engines are identical but they have slightly different "driving" characteristics, plus from memory the 90 only came with 5-speed manual gearbox (or auto) whereas the manual for the 110 has 6 speeds. So if you do a lot of high-speed driving on dual carriageways and motorways you may get a benefit from having the 6th speed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 110 diesel and it's a good engine. You need to have a proper test drive in both,not just round the block but a good 30 plus mile,all road type test drive and see which you prefer. Also,as they say on the BBC,other brands are available,look around. Renault dealers and customers services truly would test the patience of a saint. Worst brand representatives I have ever dealt with.
Thanks so much for the feed back . . . . . Living in France . . . . . so it's a must to buying a native car . . . . . Have to agree with your comment relating to dealers . . . . . Not been easy trying to get a fair price for our Peugeot 2008 ( Petrol ) . . . . . Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 90 appears to be a smoother engine... I think the torque figures for both engines are identical but they have slightly different "driving" characteristics, plus from memory the 90 only came with 5-speed manual gearbox (or auto) whereas the manual for the 110 has 6 speeds. So if you do a lot of high-speed driving on dual carriageways and motorways you may get a benefit from having the 6th speed
Thanks for taking the time to reply . . . . Living here in France . . . . . with all it's long strait Auto routes . . . . the 6 speed box will come in very handy. Regards

·
Registered
334 Posts
The 110 is a very smooth engine with a higher torque output(around 18% if memory serves me right). The sixth gear is perfect,giving relaxed,economical cruising.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would only buy the diesel if you plan to do a lot of miles as its not worth it if your only doing local short runs because of the diesel particle filter needs you doing some longer journeys to keep it clean.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dont our biggest mistake was buying a captur for the mrs to replace her Fiesta needed sub frame welded last mot and only 6 years old. Fuel economy is crap too 1.5 diesel

·
Super Moderator
2,337 Posts
My wife, who is lead-footed and also hard on the brakes manages to get just under 50mpg from our Captur wheras I can get around 60 to 65 (bearing in mind it's an auto). even driving very gently I struglge to consistently get over 50mpg out of my 1.0 Fiesta Ecoboost (manual).... I wouldn't call the Captur's economy "crap".

As to needing welding after 6 years ..... that's unfortunate and may be down to poor repairs/crash damage in the past or plain bad luck. There's little sign of anything other than superficial surface rust on the underside of mine

1 - 13 of 13 Posts