Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it's been two weeks of Captur ownership for me now and I am besotted. I only have ONE complaint.

I have now been stopped at night THREE TIMES by the police who are convinced that I have a broken front light.
What they are actually referring to are the cornering lights.

One policeman I explained this to then tried to tell me they were illegal and made my wait by the side of the road until he phoned the DVLA to check. I got a very begrudging apology.

It was funny the first time as I had to drive it round in turns to show the policeman how they worked. The second time, not so much.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Lisa glad to see our boys in blue concentrating thier time on the issues that really matter , bet you could not believe it the second time, did make m,e laught though

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I can appreciate that you were none too pleased...but as previously posted, Capturs are not the only ones with this function...You have normal headlamps that are on.. and then the additional fogs go in...so what is the problem?
Plain daft if you ask me...lol!!

Edited by: Ythsie

·
Registered
104 Posts
LisaH said:
Ok so it's been two weeks of Captur ownership for me now and I am besotted. I only have ONE complaint.

I have now been stopped at night THREE TIMES by the police who are convinced that I have a broken front light.
What they are actually referring to are the cornering lights.

One policeman I explained this to then tried to tell me they were illegal and made my wait by the side of the road until he phoned the DVLA to check. I got a very begrudging apology.

It was funny the first time as I had to drive it round in turns to show the policeman how they worked. The second time, not so much.
what do you expect....morons!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
My old Fiat Bravo (08) did the same. Never had any problem with the bobbies but workmates used to tell me I had a light out when turning into the car park on a regular basis.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am sure you carry the manual in the car? Next time this happens show them section 1.62 where it explains this function and suggest if they have an issue that they contact Renault.

And talking of morons I think I may have found something that suggests there are morons writing the Renault manual. In looking for the above piece I found section 5.17 where they tell you how to change the rear reversing lights and fog lights. It suggest you need to consult an authorised dealer because the FRONT bumper needs to be removed. Really? I would like to hear somebody explain that one......

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Perusal you arespot onabout 5.17 in the handbook-I myself raised this and other matters in the Faults & Problem Forumunder the ECO MODE/HANDBOK thread.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Proof reader in French should be shot...before it was translated into the different languages!!

MON DIEU!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts