Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the fitting kit for my capture to go with my thule aero roof bars.
Kit 1793
What a nightmare, fit is nowhere near!
Now onto thule for remedy
Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi. My first post on joining this form!

Sorry to hear about the bars. I have had a similar issue with the actual Renault ones from Vospers..now sent back. There was a large gap on the door seal. I am starting to worry that I didn't tighten them enough though [:s]

I believe the kit for the Thule ones though is 1734 not 1793?

I've now ordered one of these and will let you know if any better.

Has anyone got any Thule fitted bars that are fine that they could comment on/post photos of?

Cheers, Rob.

·
Registered
921 Posts
cwmeinion said:
Hi. My first post on joining this form!

Sorry to hear about the bars. I have had a similar issue with the actual Renault ones from Vospers..now sent back. There was a large gap on the door seal. I am starting to worry that I didn't tighten them enough though

I believe the kit for the Thule ones though is 1734 not 1793?

I've now ordered one of these and will let you know if any better.

Has anyone got any Thule fitted bars that are fine that they could comment on/post photos of?

Cheers, Rob.

Welcome Rob
I'm sure you will enjoy the hints and tips on here
And the banter

Lyn

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Rob, yes you are quite correct re the fitting kit number. Typo from me.
I believe that Thule may be the manufacturers for the Renault ones. If that's the case then the problem is obvious. They've cocked up.
I've emailed thule but got no reply as yet.
Will update as soon as I know something

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Frankthesurf. Well my Thule bars arrived. The front feet fit perfectly but the rear feet cannot sit in the plastic strip as the fitting brackets are not long enough/don't bend in at the right angle. Is this the problem you had? It seems the measurements for the rear brackets are all wrong. I will post a photo and intend to email them to Thule too. Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
924 Posts
Not Thule, but Renault. Take a look here http://www.capturownersclub.co.uk/forum/roof-rack_topic276.html

I have Renault Roof bars. When I bought them, the dealer offered to fit them. Its OK I said, I have fitted roof bars many times.
However, the Captur roof bars are rather difficult to fit. I wish I have taken up the dealer's offer, at least I would see how they fit.

Anyway after much fiddling I managed to fit them correctly. There is an arrow and box marking system, and you have to get the arrow in side the box. This is done by tightening the allen bolts. It is possible, though its a bit like tightening down the bolts on an engine combustion chamber head. you have to go around each one a bit at a time to get an even tension. Like tightening head-bolts, there is a fear of breaking something. But I have fitted and refitted them several times now and all it OK.

Keep at it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi everyone

Ok I managed to phone Thule in the end yesterday. The problem is the foot unit.
If you have the old unit 750 it is not compatible with the new fixings. All fixings from number 1300 onwards need the 754 foot unit. I was told that the 754 will fit my old aero bars though.
I'm in the process of 'acquiring' some 754 feet. Not new though. If you have the 754 units already and they don't fit can you let me know so I can get back on to thule

1 - 9 of 9 Posts