Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my brand new Captur 0.90tce today and noticed after a short time this rattle when I accelerate or climb hills. It doesn't make the noise when the revs are high and the car is in neutrol. I have the petrol engine so I wasn't expecting this noise. Is it normal?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hello Scotty

I have a petrol 0.9 Tce and I don't get the effect you describe - however, mine is an ex-demo with 6k on the clock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I am heading back to the dealership in the morning. I thought at 1st a polythene bag had been left under the bonnet and was flapping away. Its that kind of sound.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Its a definite visit to dealers.. I have same engine..just over 1000 miles on clock and have never experienced any of your problems. Mine makes a pleasant whineing noise when under load..certainly no rattling noises as you've described. Very strange. You will have to give an update after visiting the dealer.
meterman_56

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
An update on my situation. Phoned the dealer and got told to take it in this afternoon. They had it 2 hours then I got told the problem was a loose breather hose on the turbo. No damage done and its fixed now. The car is running well.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Glad it's sorted, I've got a noise on mine. So wondering if mine has done the same.
I get a raspy noise when changing through the gears and then it stops once I level out. Did it cause your mpg to drop too? As I was averaging about 54 and now only 48????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts