Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Couple of questions for those of you who have a Captur and a medium/large size dog dog. Are they comfy in the back there or do you need to move seats forward?
Also- is there a bespoke dog guard for the Captur, or a general one that fits other Renault cars?
Also wondering about leaving dog in car with windows down AND still being able to lock the car.... ?
There are times when we may want to leave the dog in the car for a short space of time and dont want to leave the car unlocked - but want windows partially down. We take him everywhere with us - but there are some places where we dont like to leave him outside and he cannot come in (he is a Border Collie - so not exactly handbag size!)

Also - top boxes. Anyone have one, and if so, did you buy from Renault, or get it from somewhere else? Work O.K?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Gracie

I have had my Captur since November 2013 and like you my dog comes everywhere with me (even to work). She sits on the front seat with her harness on all buckled in. Like you say on occasions you have to leave them in the car for a short while and there is no problem leaving the windows open, the car locks itself when you walk away from it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is great news! I had been told that the windows would winde up automatically once the car was locked - really good to know we will be able to keep our puppy safe and still let him have some air! many thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Gracie. This months What Car? Magazine has a really good article about capturs and dogs. Might be worth a peek if your in the newsagents! It's the one with the awards in it,, next issue probably out any time soon...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip - I will see if I can locate that article - sounds good
Can't say 'What car' is usually something I pick up unless its at the doctors surgery and there is nothing more girlie to read

·
Registered
8 Posts

Hi, we have a custom made dog box for our little dog, Chicko. It's an english guy here in Sweden that made it for us. www.hundgubbe.se

He thinks that the size is for four dogs and not just for one but we want to have plenty of space for our little "baby"!

It's secured from inside the car and have a door lock so we can leave him in the car with the hatchback open.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi we have a medium dog Half springer, half collie = (sprollie). she has the hole boot with a guard that clips on to the head rests. cost about £50 from halford. She has more than enough space with the seats moved back to give more people space! she can move around and look out or curl up and sleep. hope this helps

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi,
I havea large golden retriever and sometimes look after a second. I can happily transport them both in the boot with the seats forward. I bought a tailor made boot liner (which I then altered slightly to allow for the seat in the forward position). I wouldn't take them on a really long trip together in there withoutdropping the seat backs down but its perfect for local journeys tothe beachetc. Luckily for me I don't ever have to transport dog plus back seat passengers in my Captur as that wouldn't really be possible.
The standard Captur alarm doesn't have internal sensors and doesn't auto close the car so it's easy to leave windows open and it won't set any alarms off.

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
Jaspermel said:
The standard Captur alarm doesn't have internal sensors
Mine does (fitted as part of the Protection Pack); internal sensors can be disabled in a complicated routine of pressing the engine start-stop button several times but I'd have to dig the instructions out to remind myself of just how.

·
Registered
59 Posts
IvorETower, as I said, the 'standard' car doesn't have these - without paying for an extra/upgrade pack (or having one thrown in on some kind of deal).

·
Super Moderator
2,370 Posts
The standard car doesn't have an alarm at all. Full Stop.
If you have a Renaultalarm fitted then it will have the interior movement sensors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts