Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a brand new captur.First time I have bought a brand new car and I was delighted with it. It looks great, all ivory with snazzy alloys. On Friday I was packing the car up to go and show the car off to my parents for Easter when I checked the oil. Even though it was new, it's something I always do when going a distance. I'm so glad I did. The oil was fine but there was hardly any coolent at all. So I took it back to the dealer who checked it over and said I had a leak. I now have a clio courtesy car. I have been told a pipe needs replacing and cannot be done till Thursday. The joy and excitement of showing it off was short lived. Totally gutted!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
So sorry to hear about your problem. Soon have your snazzy Captur back. Mind you if your courtesy car is a new Clio, they are pretty good too.

·
Super Moderator
2,376 Posts
Sadly car manufacturers don't always get everything right; it's always a good idea to regularly check coolant levels and tyre pressures in a new car, even a newly purchased used car, as you never know what faults may be lurking.

However for a VOR fault (vehicle off road), almost a week to fix it isn't really good enough especially when you were planning to go on a long journey with the car and are offered a smaller car in recompense. My Scenic was subject to a recall the day before I was due to take delivery in 1998, and I was kept waiting about 3 weeks whilst that fiasco was resolved. To find that the Captur is on a 20 week wait means that I have had 2 bad buying experiences out of 2 with Renault

·
Registered
428 Posts
Not too encouraging for a brand new car. Hopefully, it's a one off and you should be back on the road and enjoying your car very soon. It's just so frustrating.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We also had a similair issue with ours after a day wife was driving when she lost all power to clutch and gearbox it seems that the clutch pipe is joined and this had come loose resulting in losing all clutch oil it took two weeks to order new part from France no issues since though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your responses. It's now been 17 days in a courtesy car. I only had the car 18 days before it went wrong, totally awful experience. Now having to take legal advice no one seems to be in a hurry to help me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts