Renault Captur Forums banner

Touch up paint

4K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  IvorETower 
#1 ·
Hi just been to local renault dealer for a touch up pen in light gray / silver and they told me had to order in £23 they haveing a laugh at my expence

#3 ·
I'll be damned if I can find the paint code for my car as per the above guide. I know it's Arctic White (or that's what the car - Captur 2 PHEV Launch Edn - was described as when I bought it) but I cannot find the sticker that has the code on it to confirm. Tried on doors, bonnet, hatch, everywhere.

#4 ·
Hi i found mine on driver side rear door could try looking there i thought it was a strange place for it but it turned out to be ted69 and not what the renault dealer told me it was so worth alook as renault dealership no help whatsoever would have sold me totally wrong colour

#9 ·
You should have a 3-letter code which can be "unscrambled" to work out the separate codes for the 2 different colours.
If you can;t find the right sticker on the car iwth the code, do you have the handbook as it should be on a sticker on the front inside pages

#10 ·
I have the handbook, no sticker inside. The handbook says there should be a sticker on the door jamb which includes all this info. There is a sticker, but it only has the VIN. There are four letters B XUI, but I can't find a paint code they correspond to.

#11 ·
As Ivor says XUI is the code for "two colour" (Bicolore)
This references two colours QNC and GNE
Does this help?

#14 ·
QNC reference here is listed as Arctic White. I'd be reasonably confident with this. You haven't said what you plan to do with the touch up paint (i.e. how big a touch up) but don't expect a 100% match when it's done. Car paintwork is a complex process nowadays, especially metallic paint (hence the extra cost). A touch up pen cannot replicate the original multicoat process so there will always be a slight mismatch.

#16 ·
This is now more confusing. Renault tell me the car is Pearl White and Starry Black. To quote them, from X BUI they get:

COLOUR 1: PEARL WHITE.
CODE: TPQNC.
COLOUR 2: STARRY BLACK.
CODE: TSGNE.

But the brochure I've seen for the Launch Edition PHEV says that it came in Artic White and Diamond Black - there is no mention of this other combination for sale (or even of these colour names.) So how come? How can it be a colour combination that wasn't advertised?

Light Rectangle Font Slope Line

Thanks

#17 ·
Names are just names, it's the colour code that is important. IIRC my old Scenic as Pacific Blue but I've seen the colour names something else (including "doom blue"); my Captur's main colour was "Tahiti blue" when launched but I think it's also been called Miami Blue, and my grey VW Polo is various names including Nautilus Grey, Pepper Grey, Urano Grey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.