Renault Captur Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving yesterday the red car STOP symbol lit up and the warning alarm sounded along with the sign for a flat tyre. Sure enough, the offside rear was practically flat. After putting a few psi into the tyre with a small electric pump I rolled up at my local tyre depot. After fixing it they inflated the tyre to 40psi and then dropped it to 30psi. I was told this would reset the Tpms. It reset immediately. I'm very impressed with this system and it saved me from running flat and ruining the tyre

·
Registered
406 Posts
Always reset the TPMS after inflating tyres.
A lot of people simply inflate the tyres without re-setting the TPMS which is dangerous as the system has not reset properly and will not monitor correct tyre pressure on your vehicle..
Some of the Ford syytems tell you to try that exact same reset tip of inflating then deflating of tyre pressure.
BUT you must RESET the TPMS.

Only takes seconds to do.
Cheers

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've always found thet it resets itself after intervension is required. I had a couple of tyres changed a few weeks ago and one of the valve cores was leaking. It would lose ~10psi in a couple of days and then the TPMS would alarm. Once the tyre was inflated again the system would reset itself and show the "learning tyre pressures" message.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts